Recent content by wonkyhipoy

  1. W

    THR Wonkyhipoy Recovery<<

    Hi @Josephine , I just saw my surgeon (7 months post-op, cementless). I have had trochanter pain which has slowly gotten better over time and is almost non-existent most of the time. I expected that today’s appointment would be a “see you at one year” kind of appointment. Instead, my surgeon...
  2. W

    THR Wonkyhipoy Recovery<<

    @Josephine, sorry I should have been more clear in my questions. 1. Can pain from a trigger point in the glute medeous or the muscle that attaches to the greater trochanter refer to the knee? 2. Why am I having trouble bearing weight sometimes so far out after surgery (4½ months)? 3. Any idea...
  3. W

    THR Wonkyhipoy Recovery<<

    Hi @Josephine, Thanks for your response/ The surgeon did not really discuss the xray, so I was not sure if there was something you would see that could be the cause of the pain (like poor fixation). Glad to hear they look fine. 2. The only pain I experience is when weight bearing... and not...
  4. W

    THR Wonkyhipoy Recovery<<

    Hi all, sorry I have been absent for a while. It has been a hectic season to be sure. Anyway, I wanted to provide a bit of an update. I saw my surgeon and discussed the pain I had been experiencing weight bearing. He said everything looked good and the pain I have been feeling is something he...
  5. W

    THR Counting My Blessings

    My PT explained the whole “weather sensing prosthetic” thing like this, not sure if he is right, but it solute sounded like it made sense. When the weather changes, the air pressure changes. High pressure, like when it is sunny, causes bone and muscles to be compressed, like when you use a...
  6. W

    THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

    Hi @AnnieRose2, Don’t feel bad about needing to use the cane from time to time. A buddy of my was back playing hockey in 6 months (goalie no less), and by all accounts has had a miraculous recovery. But he still uses a cane occasionally when his hip is tired or if he moves funny and tweaks...
  7. W

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Hi @fallenstar, If your doc says you have petella tendinitis, then I have two questions for you: 1. Have you discussed getting an injection with him. Seems many people on the forum have had that done for tendinitis. 2. Have you tried completely resting you knee for a couple of weeks... like...
  8. W

    THR Chronic Pain in Legs 16 Months after Hip Surgery

    Hi there, Have you had your last back looked at? The fact that it is affecting both legs could point to your back. Might want to ask your OS. Cheers
  9. W

    THR Wonkyhipoy Recovery<<

    Ho @Josephine, My hip joint (op side). Basically, bring knees towards my chest. It is just so darn confusing... lol Sorry, I should have been more precise. I meant, how much should the surgeon (or your when I post the xray here) expect to see at 16 weeks? Cheers
  10. W

    THR Finally life on the road to be mine<

    Hey @Bull76!, Sitting with your legs st 90 is horrible for the hip and back.m (thank you hospital recovery book). I had. Really hard time when I first went back to work with swelling. I bought a special office chair that reclines and sit in a recliner position whilst working (it can actually...
  11. W

    Hip Infection Excellent recovery until it wasn't

    Based on my own experience of over doing it, you have over done it. I think we all feel this overwhelming need to keep pushing ourselves... even when we know we shouldn’t. My recommendation (well, actually two)... first, strap yourself to a couch for two days straight (the weekend for...
  12. W

    THR Wonkyhipoy Recovery<<

    Not sure if I really need the reassurance (to be sure :heehee:). I have copies of every xray, MRI and bone scan I have ever had, so it will be nice to add to my collection. I actually am feeling really good about my recovery. I just post my questions here because I am kind of obsessive about...
  13. W

    THR Seeing the Light!

    Hey @lovesstars, Just checking in to see how you are doing. Cheers
  14. W

    THR Wonkyhipoy Recovery<<

    Hi @Mojo333, Thanks for checking in. Things are always improving I feel. My PT think I am behind in my recovery in terms of ROM... but ai has restrictions for the full three months, where other clients of his could start stretching past 90 and internal/external rotation at 6 weeks. I also...
  15. W

    THR 4 weeks into recovery. Questions.

    OMG! I could have litterally wrote what you have throughout you various posts. First thigh pain... went away, then groin pain... went away, then IT band pain (side of the hip by the incision)... went away, then groin pain came back... and went away, now pain from top outer thigh, which is felt...
Back
Top Bottom