NanaKP
senior
- Joined
- Jun 19, 2018
- Messages
- 277
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
@Debru4 - I too live in Colorado and am very familiar with those wild temperature swings. Though I am only 10 days out from my 2nd THR, I am 6 months out from my 1st THR. I had a real problem in October when our weather turned cold - I was FREEZING and could not get warm. I don't recall having actual pain in the healing leg though. I wear shorts year around but on those days, I had to give in and wear leggings. My husband was shocked. Now that I am at home recovering from hip #2, I find myself covering up with an electric blanket while I'm icing (I know, pretty ridiculous) but I'm cold. We've been keeping the heat up higher in the house, I no longer sleep with the ceiling fan on and the window is closed (my to my husband's relief).
I have hardware in my left hip because I had a fracture that we was repaired 8/1/18. I attributed my reaction to the cold to that "claw" and wiring. I am supposed to be getting that hardware out sometime in the next 6 weeks or so (it really bothers me).
Nice to know there's another Coloradan on here! Be careful out there on those icy roads and sidewalks!
Kim
I have hardware in my left hip because I had a fracture that we was repaired 8/1/18. I attributed my reaction to the cold to that "claw" and wiring. I am supposed to be getting that hardware out sometime in the next 6 weeks or so (it really bothers me).
Nice to know there's another Coloradan on here! Be careful out there on those icy roads and sidewalks!
Kim



but felt the position was too lofty!