Recent content by Wncretired

  1. W

    TKR RTKR February 12th Recovery thread

    Our surgeries were one day apart. We are pretty much on the same trajectory. I’m thinking I will ditch PT also, as I am at 125/0 and strength is coming along nicely. Like you, I do my own PT daily and feel confident that I will continue progressing. I agree that you/we are where we should be...
  2. W

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    I quit taking them after 2 weeks. Was taking 10-15 mg. Oxy per day.
  3. W

    TKR Celebrex after knee replacement?

    Celebrix worked for me. Only had to ice for 5-6 days. After that, clear sailing with very little inflammation!
  4. W

    TKR February 10, 2025

    Update: 3 weeks post surgery. Doing ok, I think. Had 2 weeks of in-home PT. Going slow and easy. Transitioned from walker to cane after one week. Haven’t used cane the past two days. Haven’t started outpatient PT yet and not sure that I will. I am very careful to try to find that line between...
  5. W

    TKR Seeking Insight Re: Robotic Option or Not

    I just ask my surgeon about this yesterday. I’m having TKR on February 11, 2025. He stated that he did not use the robotic surgery for the simple reason if something didn’t go exactly right it, was much harder for him to fix than if he had done the surgery himself. By the way, he is one of the...
  6. W

    TKR February 10, 2025

    I’m right behind you. Feb. 11th. Well do this together!
  7. W

    2025 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Having TKR on right knee February 11, 2025. Had TKR on left knee in October, 2018.
  8. W

    THR New hip today

    LTHR today at 8:00 am. Walking at 3:00 pm and climbed the required 3 steps. So far, very little pain. Nothing that I can’t tolerate. Hoping for a good night’s sleep and a good day tomorrow. They kept me overnight because of my Lupus and neuropathy in my feet and legs. In hindsight, I would have...
  9. W

    TKR Feeling the pain

    Yes. He said the constriction that ice causes reduces oxygenation to the injured tissue and inhibits the inflammatory response needed for healing. He did say that it helps with pain if needed, but I haven’t needed it for that.
  10. W

    TKR Feeling the pain

    Update. After first TKR on Oct. 24th, I was flying high. Had ROM OF 117 Post-op day 6. Quit pain meds after day 5. No icing at all. OS. says don’t do it! Got staples out, incision opened up and got infected. Did 2nd surgery on Dec. 5th to clean out infection. #2 Now at Post-op day 9. Doing ok...
  11. W

    TKR Feeling the pain

    Definitely doing all three! Thanks!
  12. W

    TKR Grandma Chris gets a new knee!

    Unfortunately it can pop open. Mine did, right in the center of the knee where it bends. Then to make it worse, it got infection where it popped opened. Just had another surgery 4 days ago to clean out infection and re-staple the knee. So, back to square one!! Be careful !!
  13. W

    TKR Feeling the pain

    Major backset! The open incision that I mentioned a couple of weeks agp got infected. I was having major pain from the infection. Back to surgery 3 days (Dec. 5th) ago to do a cleanout and restaple the knee. Back to square one! Knee seems stiffer now than it was after TKR. Only have about 70...
  14. W

    TKR Feeling the pain

    Update: 4 was. Post-op today Walking on my own with no assistance. Little to no pain, nothing that 1000 mg of Tylenol won’t cure! Swelling is 90% gone. Will swell some if I’m up an around more than 2 hrs. at a time. Still doing the very basic exercises. Nothing strenuous. Still no icing and...
Back
Top Bottom