Recent content by wingy

  1. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    Between weeks 9 and 10 post op I stopped having discomfort. I no longer have foot, shin, knee or thigh pain. It all just stopped. One day I was icing and taking ibuprofen and the next all of that was in the past. I am walking without a cane now too. I can only attribute this healing to the...
  2. wingy

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    I am almost 10 weeks post op, and have to get myself upon standing to take those first few steps. I still use the cane at night when I am feeling tired.
  3. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    I do a stretch with a strap around my foot and pull back. I also place both hands on the wall with affected leg behind the good leg and lean in on affected leg- best stretch for me in terms of hamstrings.
  4. wingy

    THR THR on 3-21, right surgical leg is almost 1/2 inch longer than the left

    I can relate to your crying. One of the most frustrating things for me was having to use the grabber for so much. I was shocked at often I dropped stuff. For a couple of days I got so sick of that darned grabber that I just left everything I had dropped all over the house. When the doctor told...
  5. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    The hamstring pain is very pronounced in the morning when I am first up. It gets better as the day goes on, but it sometimes reappears. I am doing two stretches for it; don't know if they help or not.
  6. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    I will wait a few more weeks. I will ask the PT for advice.
  7. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    I am almost 9 weeks post surgery. Have had 2 sessions of PT so far. Been having hamstring pain for a few days. At what point were you all able to get up and down from the floor?
  8. wingy

    THR left it TOO long: Left THR Posterior

    I did not use a raised toilet seat either. I put my walker in front of me in case I needed something to raise myself up.
  9. wingy

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    This recovery is a lesson in realizing that going slowly is not a bad thing. This world in which we live is so focused on accomplishing things. Learning to be patient is a huge accomplishment just one that does not appear to be valued in this culture.
  10. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    The funny thing about this leg length situation is that I am not the one who noticed it. My physical therapist who came to my house during the first three weeks post-op is the one who noticed it by the way I walked. I am going to "ignore" it for now. I may never have realized I had this if it...
  11. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    I started PT yesterday. PT said my gait looks pretty good. I tend to compensate for the 1/2 inch leg length difference (which PT measured), and he gave me a lift to use. I will try it tomorrow. I live in the tropics, and I must wear sandals. I bought some recovery sandals from Amazon, and since...
  12. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    I seem to be walking better with my cane, and more and more I am forgetting to use it, but I go get it as soon as I remember. Yesterday I did 6,500 steps during the day. I did not do these all at once, and the longest walk I have yet taken is 15 minutes total. I had not been taking any...
  13. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    Thank-you. I start with PT in three days. I asked the doctor if my pelvis looked tilted. He said perhaps. He said the xray wasn't the best. So hard to know. I am so aware of how much time (12 months or more) all of this adjustment can take. I am fortunate i that I am retired and don't have to...
  14. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    I think I might have nerve pain in my foot on the operated side. After I walk, it aches bad on the side of my foot and sometimes up to my little toe. There seems to be a sensation of numbness too. Is this normal? How is nerve involvement diagnosed. The feeling is kind of a throbbing numb...
  15. wingy

    THR Wingy THR recovery progress

    You know I have done that too (curling toes)- I will watch for that. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom