Recent content by wills640

  1. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    I had a silent hip installed in 2011 which was nothing short of miraculous allowing me to resume fitness and competitive cycling. It's probably cycled more than 140000 miles! However, it's now squeaking upon rotation and making plenty of odd noises. No pain though. X-ray booked next week. Does...
  2. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    Hey Jaycey, Thanks for the info, how did the pain manifest itself with you, when and where?
  3. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    Hey Alex, Thanks. This is looking like a probability. I'm building a lot more muscle with squats etc and feel like its getting tighter as a result. Found a stretch that I can feel right down my hamstring into my ankle. Will.
  4. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    Hi Guys, it's been a while but after a year of pretty much pain free life I have started to get discomfort when walking upstairs or squatting and some times when going from sitting to standing and vice versa. Its in my left bum cheek and transmits down the leg. Getting gradually worse over the...
  5. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    Hi Guys, not been on here for a while but now 6 months post op and to be honest my hip causes me very few problems and I can do pretty much anything. However I am getting on and off very severe lower back pain normally after reaching down and across to pick something up. This can sometimes...
  6. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    Hi J, Yep seen that, would love to get involved. Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really do think the key to my recovery was the wattbike. Any stationary bike would do the same thing I'm sure. I rode it every day from about 2 weeks post op. just spin really easy gears to start with zero or...
  7. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    Hi Guys, Completed the 100 mile sportive in 5hr 30 minutes and was 10th rider home. It was a tough windy ride but not too hilly. No real problems on the ride but the following week had a pulled muscle in my lower back that has sidelined me again. Not sure its related to the ride though. Will be...
  8. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    Well, been a while since I've been on here. A lots happened. I'm now cycling 120 miles a week. I'm doing 3 or 4 gym sessions and have regained a lot of the fitness I had before. Its not been easy. Coming off Oxycontyn and anti depressants was tough to say the least. But it can be done. apart...
  9. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    This weeks been good again, hopefully be off Oxycontyn by tomorrow. Did a 78 KM Mountain bike ride on Wednesday, that was possibly a bit too far, was very tired at the end but still managed to get in the gym that day too! Had a little slip in the shower which smarted a little. Just goes to prove...
  10. wills640

    THR If only I knew

    It really is a great feeling when you discard the last syringe!! I celebrated with some ice cream!! One of the nurses told me that the fatter you are the less it hurts! I was pretty lean back then and always struggled with it.
  11. wills640

    THR Want to jog again...

    Not everyone on here agrees with me but here's my take on it. My pelvic reconstruction and new hip has given me an opportunity to get back to my old life. If it wears out over the next 10 years then I'll get a new one! Try and get yourself down to the local Gym, get on an exercise bike, the new...
  12. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    Well..... Here we are, the end of post op restrictions! Last week was really good, did a lot of work in the gym, found the TRX frame to be really helpful for squats and lunges etc. 3 really tough 30 min Wattbike sessions and.......wait for it......a 38 mile hilly road ride on the mountain bike...
  13. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    26 km done on the Mountain Bike, no pain from the hip at all on the bike! Couldn't be more pleased!:biggrin:
  14. wills640

    THR Noise Issues - Hip Squeak

    Well, thats week 4 done and now starting week five! Last week consisted of 4 visits to the gym concentrating on high reps and low but increasing weights. 4 half hour sessions on the wattbike at level 4 starting to do a bit of interval work now and yesterday did 15 km on the mountainbike with a...
  15. wills640

    THR SuziGirl's Recovery Thread - Fell on 4y.o. THR

    Hey Suzi, I always come in for a bit of flak when I report my exercise regime and getting back to a 'normal' life ASAP. I don't wear heels but if I did I'd want to be back in them too! I got back on a bike 3 weeks post op and now coming up to 5 weeks post op I can cycle 5 miles and love every...
Back
Top Bottom