Recent content by Whatdidido

  1. W

    TKR Increased swelling and pain 7 weeks out<

    I agree, Please let me know what your Dr says and I’ll do the same after I see mine on Friday. Couldn’t elevate n ice as much as wanted yesterday, but that’s the plan for next two days. After being so very supportive, hubby just doesn’t understand how the knee could be losing progress. Very...
  2. W

    TKR Increased swelling and pain 7 weeks out<

    Hibiscus6, I had LTKR on Jan 18th and was very pleased with me progress to, but it seems like I’m experiencing the same issues as you. About about a week and a half ago, I started experiencing increased swelling on the lateral side, increased pain. I also have a knot behind my kneecap...
  3. W

    TKR Swelling and ROM issues 13 weeks^

    Too young, I’m 6 weeks post op and am still having swelling issues. I can recommend elevating and icing as much as possible. It feels so good and definitely helps with the swelling. If you’ve found a PT that you like, I wouldn’t change. I was lucky enough to have a PT who was very gentle. He...
  4. W

    TKR 6 weeks in but NO energy

    I too have band tightness. Am five weeks post op, but still get so tired during the day, I take about a two hour nap each day. I’m not sleeping well, so I’m just listening to my body. I feel so much better if I get adequate rest. I hav3 been keeping a journal since surgery and by doing so I...
  5. W

    TKR 5 weeks post LTKR

    Thanks Susie. I will stop elliptical for now.
  6. W

    TKR 5 weeks post LTKR

    Thank you, katchmo. I have a tens unit. Didn’t think of using, but I will tomorrow!!
  7. W

    TKR 5 weeks post LTKR

    Hi all! Tomorrow is 5 weeks post op LTKR and am doing better each day. Did 2 weeks of in home PT, which was sooooo painful. Then did 2.5 weeks of outpatient PT. Was so lucky to have a great PT, who was very gentle, bu we made great progress. He used massage along with stretching to achieve...
  8. W

    MUA A Year and Still Tightness

    Hi! I’m one month post op and although I have good bend at 122, I do experience the really painful muscles in my quads and calves. My knee always feels better in the morning, but pain sets in the longer the day progresses. I know I’m getting impatient in my progress and have had to just stop...
  9. W

    TKR My Journey

    Beckadeez, yes, I had those days of tears, still have bouts. I get very overwhelmed and don’t feel like I’m progressing enough. To help me, about day 10 post op, I began writing. Just how I felt, how the knee/leg was doing, what I did, how I slept, when I took meds. It’s helped me stay...
  10. W

    TKR My Journey

    I had TKR 1-18. First two weeks were AWFUL due to inadequate pain control. So many tears. Only took my meds as directed, first 4 days, 2@4 hrs. Didn’t take all pain away, pain got acute @ 3 hrs, when that prescrip ran out, PA dropped to 1@6 hrs, which was unbearable. PA would not return my...
  11. W

    TKR 5 weeks post LTKR

    I saw surgeons PA yesterday for 4 wk follow up. Took all tape off, incision looks good. Still lots of bruising around knee and swelling, but PA said I can discontinue PT outside home and continue with my own paced PT. Flex = 122, ext =-1. Sciatica pain-still off the chart, causing tears...
  12. W

    TKR 5 weeks post LTKR

    Thank you, Susieshoes! Had no idea how to chg title. Thank you for taking time to help.
  13. W

    TKR 5 weeks post LTKR

    Thank you both for your replies. I hate to take prednisone to calm this down, but that’s what my spine dr usually prescribes to calm down a severe flare-up.
  14. W

    TKR 5 weeks post LTKR

    Hi sistersinhim, any suggestions for relief? My PT says it’s due to correction in gait.
  15. W

    TKR 5 weeks post LTKR

    Hello all, LTKR on 1-18, Doing really well with PT , working hard with PT, have obtained ROM of 115, and each day with my new knee is better. With that said, have any of you experienced Sciatica following TKR? I have long ongoing issues with discs L3, L4 and L-5 bulging and pressing into my SI...
Back
Top Bottom