Recent content by WestyII

  1. W

    Revision THR I'm back after a long time

    Hello Ladies and Gents, I think I use to post under Westy or Wes. It's been over a year since I've been back here. First, I hope everyone is doing well. The last year has been kinda crazy with the pandemic and what not. To recap: TLHR June 2019 Second surgery to attach a detached glutius...
  2. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hello Hippie Friends, I know I've been absent for a while. I hope you're all doing well and getting through these strange times we're living through right now without any issues. I am due to see the OS for the 3rd post op visit this week. He was very blunt when he said 6 to 12 months recovery...
  3. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hello and Happy Summer to all my hipster friends, I know I haven't been around the forum at all for a while. Since the last surgery, the revision, my entire day to day life has changed dramatically. I use to spend hours every single day in my office/man cave, which is otherwise known as the...
  4. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hello all my hipster friends, Two weeks post surgery today. Some very cool stuff to report (at least to me) When the home health nurse removed the wound vac, we were both surprised to see that the OS used the surgical glue to close the incision as opposed to the HD sutures the last OS used. We...
  5. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Greetings my HIPSTER online friends, Well, here's the story on the latest go around in my ongoing mini series. LOL Arrived at the hospital for check in about 1/2 hour late ( on purpose) Check in went smooth. Was prepped and had a pre surgical briefing with the OS and the knock out doc. Was...
  6. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Thank you very kindly. Hopefully when I check back in, I'll be on the road to recovery. That'd be something very exciting to me. :)
  7. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hello everyone, and as always, thank you so very much for the kind words and positive vibes. The date is..........TOMORROW, (22 June) the TIME is 12 NOON. OS has the room scheduled for 3 hours, so that's the lower end of his estimated time, which was 3 to 5 hours. The ironic part of this, my...
  8. W

    Hip Infection* 2 stage revision with osteotomy

    Hello @Aura Gypsy I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your mom. Please accept my condolences. Westy
  9. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hey There Hipster Friends, Guess what time it is??? It's time to get busy, again!!! I'm having my "revision" surgery this coming week. I've done all my pre surgical testing and had the Covid 19 test today. I'm sure many of you know all this stuff, but I'll repeat what my new OS has told me...
  10. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Good morning all, it's just after midnight here, I can't begin to express my gratitude for all the thoughtful responses. You're all amazing and so well versed in this stuff, I'm blown away. Thank you a million times to each of you who responded to my call for your thoughts and ideas. I had the...
  11. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    @Mojo333 Thank you, and fwiw, every single one of you on this forum have been a huge help to me. Reading your stories, advice, ideas, and helpful healing tips played a big part in getting me this far. This forum has been a great resource for me, and no matter how this ends up, I'm eternally...
  12. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hello Hipster Friends, Warning: LONG POST I went to see the new OS a few weeks ago. He had me get new labs and the blood came back good. He told me to call his scheduler once the blood work showed good to go, and we'd get something on the schedule for my revision. A day later his scheduler...
  13. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hello @Layla and all, I see the new OS next week. I was originally scheduled to see him mid month, but I'm still in a whole lot of pain. In fact, the pain gets so intense at times, I asked my primary to run all the blood work to check and see if my numbers showed the infection was back...
  14. W

    Hip Infection* Westy's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hi Hipster friends, Thanks again for the kind words, advice, and well wishes. I see the new OS in May. If anything comes up prior to to then, I'll update the thread. Stay safe and healthy all. Westy
  15. W

    Hip Infection* Badhip2010's Recovery Thread

    @Badhip2010 I just read your thread and I can feel for you. I had a TLHR on 6-27-19, followed by a surgery on 12-19-19 to repair a detached Gluteus Medius. Several weeks after that surgery things were going along okay, save for a very leaky incision. A week or so after that, I got severe pain...
Back
Top Bottom