Lounge Doctor
Ask the Expert Webinar

Hip Infection* 2 stage revision with osteotomy

DEL2020Jul-11

Dear @Aura Gypsy,

My sincere condolences on the passing of your mum. It is incredible, given your circumstances, that you were able to spend time with her in her last days. I am fairly sure that this time together brought both of you comfort.

I want to say that I have read your posts and that you are one very resilient, brave woman. I admire your persistence and am so very sorry that you are going through this ordeal.

You are in my prayers for a full and lasting recovery, and I pray that the pain you are currently experiencing will resolve soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Dear @Aura Gypsy Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother, I'm so pleased that you were able to spend her final weeks with her.
I hope you are being very kind to yourself, you have been through so much. **hugs**

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello @Aura Gypsy
Sending a warm hug and condolences on the passing of your dear mom. I’m so sorry as it sounds unexpected. Thankfully you were able to make the trek to spend those last couple of months together. I’m sure it brought your mom great comfort and afforded you the opportunity to create new memories with her to cherish. Memories that will bring you some smiles and consolation in the weeks, months, years to come as you reflect on that special time you shared.

It‘s heartbreaking you were also suffering physical pain throughout your visit. Prayers all goes well with your appointment tomorrow and you gain a clearer picture in regard to next steps. Please let us know how it goes, we’re here for you and we care.

Thanks for the well wishes for Summer, sorry I got your season backwards. Good to hear your Winter is so far lovely and mild. :SUNsmile:

DEL2020Jul-11

@Melina a couple of weeks after the THR in March 2017 I had a little side stumble going to the loo. When I got back into bed it felt as though my wound had opened on the inside and was bleeding inside. I had swelling and redness and was in excruciating pain. In hindsight it would have been better if I had gone to emergency and followed up with the surgeon. I just went to the physio thinking I had pulled muscles. After that 3 month set back I always had this niggling pain in one spot that I thought wasn’t normal. It sometimes felt like I had a low grade fever. I just felt like my general well being wasn’t at its peak and nothing I did helped it. It kinda just got put down to the aging process, menopause and I have a thyroid condition. Sometimes the pain would flare up and it was like I had bursitis in the hip. I would often have swollen glands under my arms. I did have blood tests that showed higher inflammation markers but the dots were never joined together. My new surgeon did a lot of testing and found the issue.
Dear @Aura Gypsy,

So sorry that I missed this part of one of your prior posts, where you already answered my question about how you became aware of your infection.

You are in my prayers and thoughts for your pain to resolve, for you to be freed of infection, and for a full recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pink Peony

Country
@AuroGypsy, my condolences on the loss of your mother, you were so brave to travel to be with her. I hope it provides some comfort that you were able to spend that time with her, especially as you reflect back in the years ahead.

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I am very sorry for your loss. It is always difficult to lose someone and especially a mother but you being with her was a blessing for you both. I hope you can have your second surgery soon.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Glad to read you are going forward soon....stay well.:loveshwr:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
What awesome news, AuraGypsy!
Less than three weeks away. I’ll bet you’re excited to move forward.
Please keep us posted so we can continue following your progress and supporting you along the way.
Have a wonderful week! :)
@Aura Gypsy

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Thinking of you as your prep for your second stage tomorrow.
I hope you’re feeling calm and ready to begin the journey to perfect healing.
We’ll be cheering you on and hope to hear from you once you’re back home resting comfortably. Until then...wishing you comfort and peace.
@Aura Gypsy

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Wishing you the best for your surgery tomorrow and the next step in your full recovery. Have a peaceful day. :flwrysmile:

Hip4life

graduate
Country
Blessings for an uneventful surgery with good post op pain control and as restful a night tonight as possible. Looking forward to your next update from the healing, recovery side!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Echoing all the above sentiments...thinking of you and glad you will be back on the Healing side soon.:friends:

OP
OP
Aura Gypsy

Aura Gypsy

Country
Australia Australia
Thank you everyone for your love and support

It’s been a week since surgery and I am now at home recovering ✨✨✨.

I’m very happy to report the surgery went really well. The spacer came out easily and there were no traces of infection. I did loose a bit of blood during the surgery which they replaced. It has left me with some low readings in my blood reports and physically feeling a little low so I’m hoping to get on top of that ASAP.

Recovery is going well, lots of ice and rest. I almost feel pain free in comparison to the pain experienced with the spacer, so I am over the moon. It’s such a joyful feeling knowing I’m moving forward.

I had an interesting experience when they gave me the drug to relax me to put the spinal tap in. Apparently the drug also makes you forget that spinal tap procedure. For some reason I remember it all and the person who gave me the drug in that moment before sliding me onto the op table said it was hallucinating . So I remember everything of that hallucinating experience before they gassed me out completely. It was crazy really, not interesting. I definitely don’t want to do it again.

Thank you once again for all your support, info and effort to keep this site up and running. There is such wealth of knowledge and experience here, it’s priceless.

Hippy healing to everyone and have a hippy weekend ☺

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi: @Aura Gypsy
So glad you are home and healing.:flwrysmile:
So happy for you that you can already tell the pain from the spacer is no more.:ok:

The hallucination experience doesn't sound fun:umm:but all done and now you need to find some good iron rich foods to get your blood back to par.
Vitamin C helps with absorption so drink some juices and stay well!!
Healing hugsxxxx

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi: Thanks for your kind words in regard to the forum. It is a great resource for all and I can’t imagine my recovery without it. We appreciate you as a member and the time you’re taking to document your journey. I’m sure it will benefit many in the future.

What a wonderful update, Aura Gypsy! I sense your elation and feeling of confidence in how all is unfolding. I love that your pain is much less than before and you’re feeling optimistic about the bright future awaiting you. Please stay in touch so we can follow your positive outcome.
Happy Friday and weekend! :)
@Aura Gypsy

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello @Aura Gypsy
Happy One Month Anniversary! I hope all continues to go well for you.
Please let us know how you’re doing when you have the time. We’re all rooting for you and wishing you all the best! Hope to hear from you soon. :)

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
RubiJane
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom