Recent content by waterman1

  1. waterman1

    THR My Story (long)

    I can relate to you, I was similar back in 2014. Left hip replaced, right hip re-surfaced - both in 2014 - was the best move I ever made. I stopped jogging and tennis. Today, I play pickle ball, ride a bike alot, and swim. I am one of the oldest active freedivers in the state, and it remains my...
  2. waterman1

    THR Joint Replacement #3 -- Getting Discouraged<

    Hi Figment, been there done that in 2014 so I feel for ya, believe me. My two cents would be tramadol, you can take it, right? Some say its non narcotic, some say differently. Ice, Ice, Ice all you can stand of course...
  3. waterman1

    THR My second hip.... Dilly Dilly!

    Hey Major, do you remember me? This is my anniversary month of having both hips replaced in 2014!! I see you went in for your second one, how are you doing? All is well here, what hips I always say, walk a mile everyday, and I just turned on the site to see if anyone was around that I knew in...
  4. waterman1

    THR Concerned about pain after THR<

    Hey Mojo, if its only been 10 weeks you need to give it some time, just walk, walk, walk except if it hurts then stop is my two cents. I am three years post op now, and I never think about my hips, what hips lol. But I remember it was a very slow process to be normal again, like close to one...
  5. waterman1

    THR FAI + 2 scopes = THR

    Well yes, that does suck so what are you gonna do this time around? You are not gonna lay down and complain, right? Please remember you have a piece of metal glued, that's right glued into your femur bone. And when you start feeling better, which you will, change your pace a little. I guess in...
  6. waterman1

    THR FAI + 2 scopes = THR

    Miss April, what in the world of hipsters is going on with you? Man o man, I am so sorry and feel a little guilty, too. Look, I quit the therapy about as fast as it started, what well over a year ago. And all I did was walk, walk, walk. Maybe not for miles, but far enough that it worked doing...
  7. waterman1

    Bilateral Hip Resurfacing---Any Info Welcomed

    Hey there, I have a BHR on right hip a little over a year ago and I am doing great. I have more flexibility with the BHR leg than I have with the THR leg. Played some tennis the other day, and heard a squeak afterwards, but it stopped. That is the only negative thing I can think of... It is a...
  8. waterman1

    Back pain: does it resolve post-op?

    When you restore your posture with a new hip, a great deal of backpain went away for me :)
  9. waterman1

    Hip Resurfacing livendive's thread, +7 & -1 week

    Hey Livindive, I gotcha thoughts coming my way and here are my thoughts back to ya. Here I am with a little over a year of recovery under my belt and I feel blessed. No real issues and doing most whatever I want. I have more flexibility with the BHR than I have on the THR side. Painfree both...
  10. waterman1

    Back to square one

    Hey tennis 23, I was USTA rated 5.0 before my hips started letting me down, so I can relate to your struggle. I have a right BHR with total success, and a right THR with total success with a little over a year of recovery under my belt now. I can play doubles again which is awesome. I can hit...
  11. waterman1

    THR FAI + 2 scopes = THR

    @aprilc Ha, I knew it. Yea, I have been lurking on here a little bit, thinking of you of course. I have been building pole barns, riding ATV's, offshore fishing, hitting a little tennis, tripped and fell a couple of times nothing real extraordinary here, just living life and having fun. Hoping...
  12. waterman1

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    OK, I will give them a try. You doing OK, how are the hips? Feels good to come back to the ole website and chat with old friends. I guess we are still in recovery, right?
  13. waterman1

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    @MajorHeidi, well yes been fishing, but I hate to bring that up while you have snow shovel in hand...
  14. waterman1

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    @MajorHeidi, so very funny :) you are. Yes, I have the triple D and the severe spinal stenosis. Went to the back surgeon about it all a few years ago and he said go get your hips replaced see how you feel before he would go any further with me. So, I did and now my back only hurts when I do dumb...
  15. waterman1

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    @MajorHeidi, I was reading your page one, what a memory now, huh. I forgot you and I were that close on surgery dates back last April, very cooooool! So how is your hip? My left one has bothered me a little lately, where I toss and turn a few times at night. Had to take an Aleve yesterday, first...
Back
Top Bottom