Guest viewing is limited

Hip Resurfacing livendive's thread, +7 & -1 week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree. Find the right doc, who has done plenty of BHR on what's known as a 'Hanna Table'. I had the anterior approach on the BHR. The doc suggested I give up surfing at my age with two implants. With two BHR, you may be OK my man, just remember they will wear out and back in you go for revision. I'm sticking to swimming, freediving, staying in the water but off the surfboard.

Waterman1, Why do you say they will wear out? I have not been able to find any studies to substantaite this and I have bilateral surgery scheduled for next month.
 
@frankx99 I see you have posted several questions on old threads here. Waterman has not been on this board in quite awhile. Can I suggest you start your own thread regarding your bilateral resurfacing. You will get much more input with your own thread.
 
Hey Livindive, I gotcha thoughts coming my way and here are my thoughts back to ya. Here I am with a little over a year of recovery under my belt and I feel blessed. No real issues and doing most whatever I want. I have more flexibility with the BHR than I have on the THR side. Painfree both sides! The reason my doc recommends staying off the surfboard is the extremes you go through when you fall off the board. Hammered into the sand, twisted in the wave, etc. I would recommend a longboard and little two foot gentle curlers, maybe. I say a limited number of steps is realistic, no one can say how many steps that may be, millions and millions of steps is what I hope and pray for. Best wishes to you my man!
 
Hey there hippies, it's been awhile since I've posted here, mostly because my new hips are doing so well I rarely think about them. My left hip is now 13 months old, my right hip 15 months, and both are doing great. This past weekend I returned to skydiving, with a couple jumps and no problems. Tomorrow I'm going on a couple days backpacking trip, and in two weeks I'm running a 5K. Pain is infrequent and only occurs in short bursts at the edges of my ROM, likely from my femoral neck catching an edge of the new socket? Major muscles all seem completely recovered, and smaller muscles seem to still be improving (crossing legs is easy if done quickly but slow and deliberate reveals some weakness, also my left leg tries to swing wide when running around a curve/corner to my right). Overall I'm incredibly happy with the results and glad to have my life back, much improved over what it was like the last several years. Onward and upward! :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom