Recent content by WaterBaby

  1. WaterBaby

    TKR Extension issues at 12 weeks

    Yes, and thank you, Josephine!
  2. WaterBaby

    TKR Extension issues at 12 weeks

    Firstly, I apologize for the length of this post! I have been making a excellent recovery with this knee replacement on June 29, 2017. None of the horrors of the previous ones, thank goodness. The incision has healed up beautifully, I was discharged from PT AT 4½ weeks with -2 extension and...
  3. WaterBaby

    Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

    Thanks for that clarification, Josephine!
  4. WaterBaby

    Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

    I also read the articles about not needing to take antibiotics before having dental cleanings. However, my Rheumatologist, Internist, and Dentist have all told me that because I have RA (an autoimmune disease ) AND take medications that suppress my immune system, I am more vulnerable to...
  5. WaterBaby

    2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    After almost a six yr. hiatus, I am baaack! I'm scheduled to have my 3rd TKR - this one is on my right knee on June 29th. After my very rough go with the first 2 (on the other leg), I am hoping and praying that, as they say, "the third time's the charm" :loll:I'm sure I will be needing calming...
  6. WaterBaby

    TKR Turtle still hoping to cross the finish line

    Oh, I am so happy and relieved for you, Mary! Hopefully one of his suggestions will do the trick for you. :) I saw my revisionist the other day and xrays show that the implant is perfect - no loosening or malfunction. He noted the effusion and where I am having the bad pain. He said the scar...
  7. WaterBaby

    TKR Turtle still hoping to cross the finish line

    Mary, my revisionist said that ANY surgery, even arthroscopic, would trigger the arthrofibrosis...and the results would not be good. It does seem that the knees are saying "leave me alone". However, I am going to revisit this topic again with the MD because my "good" knee is crunching and...
  8. WaterBaby

    TKR Turtle still hoping to cross the finish line

    Hi, Mary. Gee, you have my sympathy re the knee pain. I think it's good that you are going to see the MD in a week or so. I also have been dealing with quite limited ROM - less than 90 degree flexion, stiffness as well as pain in my left knee that is now 3½yrs post original TKR (which was a...
  9. WaterBaby

    Revision TKR Now what???

    So very happy and relieved for you, Sandy! At long last, some good progress on the knee front. :yes 4:
  10. WaterBaby

    TKR Turtle still hoping to cross the finish line

    Congratulations on your one year anniversary, Mary! That is a big milestone! You deserve a huge hug and a pat on the back for forging through the ups and downs that you have experienced, that is for sure. I am sorry that you still have the effusion. It is frustrating to have the persistent...
  11. WaterBaby

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    And Josephine and Jamie - thanks for your kind words. It means a lot to me. And thanks for the link re ASTYM. I am hoping to start with that next week.
  12. WaterBaby

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    {{{Hugs}}}, Audrey. I'm glad the OS was able to explain in more detail why things are the way they are with your leg - but the way they are still stink! I do hope that you can find the right balance between stretching to get the ROM and, at the same time, backing off a bit to keep the CRPS at...
  13. WaterBaby

    Revision TKR Knee replacement is not nice to me...

    You are your own best therapist! It sounds like you are doing well, if you do not push too hard. Sending good thoughts your way that you will be able to avoid overdoing as you ease your way back into work and your very active life!
  14. WaterBaby

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    Well, you have my absolute and complete sympathy, Audrey. You have described my reality to a "T". I am 3 months past my TKR total revision and I have exquisitely tender areas on the medial and back side of my knee; my lower leg, and sometimes the foot as well, is frequently markedly swollen...
  15. WaterBaby

    Revision TKR Knee replacement is not nice to me...

    How are things going, Coachie? I have been sending positive thoughts your way...
Back
Top Bottom