Recent content by VSing

  1. V

    TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

    I was so nervous for the first few weeks getting in and out of the shower. Left my walker right at the edge so I could hold it stepping out. Noticed about the 4th week that I finally wasn’t so scared to turn around in the shower to wash my hair.
  2. V

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    @Susie-Q Hope you enjoy your getaway! Good to be returning to normal life!
  3. V

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    I am 8 weeks today. Went to Sam’s Club and Lowes and grocery store. By the time I headed home my knee was reminding me it was sawn in half and hammered into 8 weeks ago and is not fully recovered. Haven’t used ice in a few days but I will today!
  4. V

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    My knee wakes me up at night because I think I get in pre surgery positions that it doesn’t like. Today it is stiff and sore and hurting much more than usual. The old roller coaster ride. I do finally see improvement every day now. Just about got my gait back to normal. Put the crutches in the...
  5. V

    TKR Earth2Lise Knee #1

    I am about 10 days ahead of you. Had many days those first few weeks when I had lots of ‘blue’ days and wished I had never had the surgery. My flexion was ok but I could not walk without aids until I was almost 6 weeks postop. This is not an easy recovery but after it is all over you won’t...
  6. V

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    You are really working hard! I am so ready for the tight rubber band feeling to be gone from my knee so I can walk my normal pace! My mind thinks I can do lots of things but my knee keeps saying otherwise. You are an inspiration!
  7. V

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    Wow! I cannot begin to walk that far yet. Have been cooking dinner every night and doing light household chores. That is a lot for one day for you! Hope you can take it easy today!
  8. V

    TKR VSing's Recovery Thread

    6 week checkup today. xray was good. Extension at 0 and flexion at 120. Did not go to outpatient PT this time because I knew what to do and I have a stationary bike at home so I was happy with results. Still using one crutch when I get tired to keep my gait normal. Every knee replacement is...
  9. V

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    I go for my 6 week checkup and X-ray today. I’m one day behind you. Hope all is well with mine today too. Finally walking on my own. Thought it wasn’t going to ever happen this time
  10. V

    TKR VSing's Recovery Thread

    4 weeks postop. Got out of the house and went to an (indoor) concert last night. Getting out for the first time did me a world of good. I went on crutches because I didn’t know how far I had to walk. Thankfully no one sat on my right and I was able to keep my leg stretched out. Felt so good to...
  11. V

    TKR VSing's Recovery Thread

    Was able to ride my bike for 7 minutes today! Amazing how stiff it feels when I start compared to how quickly it loosens up. Still not comfortable walking unaided but decided to try using one crutch. Had some left over from my last scope a few years ago. Much more stable than my cane. Baby steps….
  12. V

    TKR VSing's Recovery Thread

    Thank you. My mind knows the truth but I just needed some encouragement. I am normally the most independent person I know. That’s why this is so strange.
  13. V

    TKR VSing's Recovery Thread

    4 weeks postop tomorrow. I have this weird fear of walking without my walker. I just don’t trust my new knee yet. I’m not sure why I am being like this. Last year I had to make myself use it or my cane, I kept leaving them in the other room. I am not usually scared of anything. Has anyone else...
  14. V

    TKR VSing's Recovery Thread

    Two steps forward and 3 steps back. This new knee has felt so unstable that I have been hesitant to walk unaided on it. Told myself yesterday that I needed to be brave and take off. Did fine for several steps during the day then it ‘locked up’ and if I had not been next to a table I would have...
  15. V

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    Same here. I used to seldom go to the bathroom at night and now I do it at least twice every night. Also-love The Morning Show. New season just started last Friday.
Back
Top Bottom