Hi
Thanks for checking in. I've physically been doing ok. Started driving about a week and a half ago and so that helps heaps.
Mentally....not so good. Been very down and even though I always try to be positive...this time it's been hard. I just wonder if it will ever really be over. I...
Thanks to you all for your kind wishes
It's nearly 2 weeks since surgery and this has been so far the easiest. Not much pain...more discomfort. I'm not using crutches anymore and have started doing some basic household duties like a load of washing and just hanging it on an airer and folding...
Hi
Sorry for the delay in updating....
Surgery went well. I had a spinal and light anaesthetic. Came back into my room at about 10.30 pm and didn't get to sleep until 3 am. You all know how it goes...constant obs, drugs and for me IV abx...before and after surgery. Didn't sleep well and...
Thanks everyone for your wonderful well wishes. It's been an emotional day...first I saw the movie 'the theory of everything ' tear jerker. Then I get home and there's a fridge full of meals for the family from our primary school mums even though our girls are in high school
Then the tears...
Hi
I am having my surgery next Wednesday 4th Febraury. Why put off what has to be done? I meet with the surgeon in the morning to discuss concerns etc....my choice
@Josephine I got the scan results and OS says it's all good. I have one of the reports done by one of the Drs although my OS...
Hi @bottomshollow @Poppet just wondering if I could change my thread title to .........something like...... Infection, dislocation, revisions and life beyond......
Any other ideas??????
Thanks everyone....it's a blow for sure. I was so pumped to get a job after the scans I had planned for next week, after the initial dislocation and I was due to come off the abx in February too.
I feel like I'm in a nightmare that's can't quite escape ....it's definitely very hard to keep...
Well....hard to believe I'm here again.....late on Australia Day I dislocated my hip...again!!
We had friends over and I moved forward on the chair and boom. Too easy. Ambulance called. Disaster...couldn't get a vein. Pain amazingly ok ....I thought it mustn't have been right out as it was...
Ta @dianehelen back on restrictions...have a walker until wooziness from general wears off. Youngest daughter starts high school tomorrow so at least they let me out to be there for that xxxx
No ...not so good. Another dislocation yesterday. I'll probably need another surgery to insert a non dislocating prosthesis @dianehelen It's a shock xxx
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.