Recent content by VA Mom

  1. V

    TKR Morning thoughts

    Wow! That’s quite an X-ray! No wonder that hip is feeling bad. A new hip will feel so much better. I like Layla’s idea of rest and distraction to get you through to your op date. Wishing you a successful surgery and a healthy recovery!
  2. V

    Revision TKR TKR 6 years, 3 TKR's and still cannot stand or walk more than 5 minutes

    I’m so sorry you’re going through all this. I hope you find some answers soon.
  3. V

    TKR Mystikfairy's RTKR August 21

    I remember that first real post-op shower well. It felt amazing! Yay for a nice shower!
  4. V

    Knee Infection* Revision #3 Journey

    Friendship South is excellent! Both of my parents have done rehab there. They do excellent work and have great care. I don’t know about the prepay part - my parents are full Medicare. I hope you can get that sorted out. Wishing you a healthy recovery!
  5. V

    Bilateral TKR Day 11 post op

    Hi @Cathychris. welcome to BoneSmart. Fellow BTKR here. Yes, spending most of your time resting is right for your stage of recovery. I would say I was in my recliner for about 21-22 hours a day at that point . I couldn’t sleep in a bed until 2 months out, so if you can already, you are well...
  6. V

    TKR Nightowlblues recovery musings

    By 2 weeks, my OS said it was ok to sleep in any position that was comfortable. I hope yours does, too!
  7. V

    Bilateral TKR VA Mom March 2023

    You’re right about that @lovetocookandsew. I think we all sometimes fall into trying to be a martyr about things in this process. Thanks for the reminder! :friends:
  8. V

    Bilateral TKR VA Mom March 2023

    Thanks, @Layla. I’ll try just one dose of Tylenol a day for a few days and see how that feels. That’s a great thought. :thankyou:
  9. V

    Bilateral TKR VA Mom March 2023

    thank you for the anniversary wishes! I haven’t been on here as much lately as we are in the summer months here in the United States (where I am) and my children are home from school and that keeps me very busy. in the good news department, I have been cleared by my orthopedic surgeon to go...
  10. V

    Bilateral TKR VA Mom March 2023

    Hi @Layla thank you for checking in on me. I’m doing pretty well. My left knee feels really good - strong with little pain, just that relentless stiffness. My right knee still has pain daily and keeps me from sleeping in a bed. I know that the 2 knees are siblings, not twins, but it is...
  11. V

    TKR Eight Days and...

    Sorry you’re having such a hard time right now. Those first 2 weeks are really tough. Hang in there! It should get better. wishing you a healthy recovery!
  12. V

    TKR Kneeling with Replacement Knee

    I don’t know if different brands are different. But, here’s what my OS said to try kneeling: week one - kneel 10 minutes per day on the couch week two- kneel 10 minutes per day on a cushion on the floor week three - kneel 10 minutes per day on a thin pillow on the floor week four - kneel...
  13. V

    TKR Numb feet

    My OS said it was ok to sleep in whatever position makes your knees feel better. So, I wouldn’t worry about waking up on your side. Glad you’re getting a bit longer sleep stretches. I’m 8 weeks PO BTKR and can only get an hour at a time asleep in bed before knees wake me. I can sleep in the...
  14. V

    TKR Numb feet

    @Babybaby congrats on the shower! I remember how good my first one felt, too! :loveshwr: glad to hear your PT is on the same page about gentle therapy. Discomfort can be tolerated; pain during PT is a signal of a “no-go” from your knee. wishing you a continued healthy recovery!
  15. V

    Bilateral TKR VA Mom March 2023

    Thank you, @Layla ! Sometimes I can’t believe it’s only been one month, and other times it seems far longer than one month! It’s definitely two steps forward, one step backwards (pun intended) on this recovery, isn’t it? And, thank you for your thoughts @EalingGran. I appreciate that. I’m...
Back
Top Bottom