Recent content by TwoKneeOrNotTwoKnee

  1. T

    TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

    Good luck, look forward to hearing about your recovery. I'm up soon.
  2. T

    Get 'er Done, September One

    Went for my annual physical today with my PCP, all went well but he too added how brave I am to do a bilateral. Geez!
  3. T

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    Hi @bdink21, seems like there's an epidemic in the Nutmeg state.
  4. T

    Get 'er Done, September One

    Should I bring my laptop to the hospital? I assume others have done that since I see post-op posts that could only have come from the hospital. What's the typical policy of hospitals regarding laptops? Any additional thoughts?
  5. T

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    @jbrooklyn, thanks so much for all the information you've shared. Everything I've learned here will be useful in getting through my own BTKR in late August (my date has moved up to Aug 26).
  6. T

    Get 'er Done, September One

    @momweb, yes I get to pick, as long as it's on Anthem's list, of course. I'm leaning toward McClean in Simsbury, which has been recommended by both of my docs. A bit far from Bristol, but I just want the best rehab I can get. 35 minutes/knee seems pretty quick, and he closes too. His office...
  7. T

    Get 'er Done, September One

    @Lovestoread, @momweb, the surgery will still be at Hartford Hospital, should be on or around Sep 1. One of my daughters is an RN, one floor below the Ortho floor. Still getting both done at once, but the new doc says that I will likely go to a rehab facility after I'm evicted from the hospital...
  8. T

    Get 'er Done, September One

    Changed docs today. My original OS is probably a very good surgeon, but I just didn't feel comfortable with him. The new doc has an awesome reputation, was very positive and upbeat but also objective and comprehensive in his comments. I can't wait for the new hardware.
  9. T

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    Anyone have any idea what causes these muscle spasms, or how to prevent/reduce them?
  10. T

    Get 'er Done, September One

    A whole couch? I'm a bit jealous. :)
  11. T

    Get 'er Done, September One

    I may raffle it off after recovery. :)
  12. T

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    @momweb, Sorry you are in such pain, sure seems that something could be done to help you. I agree with @iivesfam5 about asking for a muscle relaxer; perhaps a massage too.
  13. T

    Get 'er Done, September One

    Good news -- I found a used lift/recliner in great shape for $200 on Craigslist, and the seller was even willing to deliver it. It's in the living room until after recovery; then it gets demoted to the basement. When I use the lift function it makes me feel like I'm getting dumped into the...
  14. T

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    I have a Baker's Cyst on the back side of my knee occasionally. I've had success massaging it and also used a foam roller, but I would consult your doctor before doing that.
  15. T

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    Congratulations on your surgery. Wish you a smooth and smart recovery.
Back
Top Bottom