Recent content by Twinkletoes

  1. Twinkletoes

    TKR not feeling normal since TKR...

    Di ~ I couldn't help but be alarmed at what you said in your last post... I can't give you wise advice since I'm just getting out of the Cranky Stage myself and I'm at six months. If anyone asks me if I'm glad I had the surgery, I still respond with, "Not Yet!" Oh, and everyone knows...
  2. Twinkletoes

    Who here has had a MUA

    Sherry ~ I was nowhere near 100° at 8 weeks. I still think you're in the early stages and shouldn't be so concerned with the numbers. I'm at six months and think the MUA set me back instead of helped me gain further ROM. Of course, this is all against what the surgeons and physical...
  3. Twinkletoes

    Who here has had a MUA

    Hi Cflower! I had my MUA at 11 weeks, and although the surgeon told me that there were lots of adhesions popping, and showed me a photo of my heel pressed up against by tush, the very next day at PT, my ROM kept going backwards. It was awful. I wish I had listened more to the people here at...
  4. Twinkletoes

    TKR Tuli's TKR journey

    Hi Tuli! You really need to listen to your body! If it tells you that it needs rest, then that's what you should be doing! Your surgery (did you have a TKR? = Total Knee Replacement - it doesn't show in your signature) was only days ago, and the bruising will last quite some time. My hubby...
  5. Twinkletoes

    TKR Twinkletoes' Recovery

    Thanks ladies! I'm afraid that it has to be that we share the office because it has been 'the office' for years and years. One desk, one computer (with double monitors) and if my hubby needed to do work, I was the one given the boot. When our boys moved out, one room became the office and the...
  6. Twinkletoes

    TKR Twinkletoes' Recovery

    Jamie ~ Thank you! I do need some pampering, but I do manage to do that when I go out with friends for lunch or for my mani/pedi every other week, and a massage now and then too. It's difficult to pamper myself at home since my hubby is home so much. He's the senior partner in his firm and does...
  7. Twinkletoes

    TKR Twinkletoes' Recovery

    Hi again! I almost didn't come in today, because I'm more than a little down in the dumps. I had a very busy weekend and did too much walking on Friday with our eldest son and his girlfriend. Then, on Sunday, we took the the whole family out to breakfast. I had intended to come home after...
  8. Twinkletoes

    TKR Twinkletoes' Recovery

    Thank you, everyone! Without having the elevator fixed yet, climbing the stairs has me feeling like I've been going to PT every day and coming home in pain! Besides knowing that my hubby has always believed what the 'Drill Sergeant' (thank you Limpin'Lizzie!) Surgeon said about recovery and...
  9. Twinkletoes

    TKR Twinkletoes' Recovery

    I’m so upset and frustrated! My husband went off to the gym and saw my personal trainer there and told him that I’m still moaning and groaning at home. The trainer said that I NEED to get back to exercising and to let him know when he should come to the house to begin with my regime. I tried...
  10. Twinkletoes

    TKR Im feeling mighty low friends :*(

    Hi Laurie! I think you need to hear from someone with more knowledge than I, however, I did go through the MUA at 11 weeks and then kept going backwards with my flexion! It was horrible! When I saw the PA (physician's assistant) he wasn't happy with my flexion, even after my telling him that...
  11. Twinkletoes

    Can't sleep!!!

    Hi dorsetgirl! Sleep??? What's that? Just kidding. In the beginning, it was really scary because I thought the whole world was sleeping but me! It was the middle of the night when I found Bonesmart on the internet. The smartest thing I've done in a long time! Not only that I couldn't...
  12. Twinkletoes

    TKR Twinkletoes' Recovery

    Margaret ~ I'm trying to remain calm, but if what you say about the tunnel never ending, does that mean that we will never fully recover from this???? I thought that when we reach the end of the tunnel, we are truly back to "normal" again. "Keep calm and carry on"
  13. Twinkletoes

    TKR Twinkletoes' Recovery

    vancouverite said: vancouverite ~ That's fantastic! I love that analogy! I had often asked WHERE the tunnel was so I could look for the light at the end. One response was that I was IN the tunnel. I have no idea how I got there, so I'm guessing that when we wake up from the TKR surgery...
  14. Twinkletoes

    TKR Twinkletoes' Recovery

    Jamie & Josephine ~ Although I am happy being a Princess, (full time or otherwise) I couldn't resist this little sign I saw somewhere... I am not a Princess…..my needs are more like a Queen!
  15. Twinkletoes

    TKR Twinkletoes' Recovery

    Hi vancouverite! I do keep looking to see if anyone has posted in my thread, and since there haven't been anyone visiting me here, I have been posting in other threads. Not only could I not take any of the big time pain meds, I also cannot take any anti-inflammatory meds either! They upset my...
Back
Top Bottom