Recent content by turtlepoet

  1. turtlepoet

    BTKR - Sept 12, 2013 - Rehab is worth it

    Hi everyone -- I've never been called "brave" and "courageous" before, and now I have those kudos. Yes, I had both knees done at the same time on Sept 12, partly because I know I'm such a wus that if I had to go through it a second time, it would never have happened in this lifetime. I also...
  2. turtlepoet

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    Hi all you BTKRs on "the other side"! I successfully made it through surgery last week Thursday. It is now Wed, almost a full week in recovery. The first day was horrible. My BP took a nose dive, and I was throwing up. Luckily selective amnesia keeps me from remembering much of anything...
  3. turtlepoet

    Knee Replacement with diabetes

    Thanks Vancouver Linda! (You are right up the road from me in Eugene OR.) I'll let you know how my BTKR goes, and send good karma back up North when it's time for your "adventure." Hopefully I'll get some of that elusive good sleep between now and Thurs a.m. It does feel good to get things...
  4. turtlepoet

    Knee Replacement with diabetes

    I'm on my final approach -- two sleeps and then the big day! I start my special antiseptic showers tonight, have already changed my linen and have clothes and pjs in the washer. So I'm trying to do all my "dirty" chores today before I have to stay super clean. Changed the cat box litter...
  5. turtlepoet

    TKR at 44

    Everything will be fine, we promise! Take a deep breath, and repeat three times. I'll be following you in a few days, adn then we can compare notes in recovery. :SUNsmile: Marilyn
  6. turtlepoet

    Prepration list for TKR

    morningstar - Hi there! I'll be having both knees replaced a few days after you have your surgery. I hope things go better for you this time around! Thanks so much for the link to the list of good suggestions for dressing/shower aids for afterwards and things to have close at hand in the...
  7. turtlepoet

    Nervous Wreck

    Lexismom - Hi there! I see that your surgery is a few days before mine on Sept 12. Actually your surgery is on my 41st anniversary! I'm sure glad my hub promised to be there "in sickness and in health" because I'm collecting on that promise! I'll be thinking of you as you go through your...
  8. turtlepoet

    Bilateral TKR dinah's emerged! let the healing begin!

    YAY! Congratulations on your bright, shiny new knees! I'll be reading your posts with much interest, as I'm having BTKR too on Sept 12. Good luck in your recovery, and thanks for the suggestion about bringing a mirror. I hadn't thought of that. Take care, and keep posting when you can.
  9. turtlepoet

    Sept 11 - RTKR

    chefkp , Hi there! I'll be having both of my knees replaced (the whole enchilada!) the day after your surgery. I'll be wishing you well, and will meet up with you again as we compare notes and go through recovery together!
  10. turtlepoet

    Here I go again

    leejaa , Hi there! I'll be having both of my knees replaced the day after your second surgery on 11 Sept. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best, and will join you in the recovery process!
  11. turtlepoet

    TKR So Far So Good

    Any words of wisdom after your February 'adventure'? Tips or suggestions?
  12. turtlepoet

    BTKR - Sept. 12 - Nerves starting to set in!

    Hi My way and congratulations on your new knees! You're Wonder Woman now, right? Walking on the beach at 9 weeks sounds wonderful. When you got home, what was the toughest part of your daily living activities and how did you adapt? When did you feel able to drive, or have you yet?
  13. turtlepoet

    TKR at 44

    Good luck to you with your upcoming second surgery! Hope it goes as smoothly as your first.
  14. turtlepoet

    Surgery Sept. 5

    It'll be over before you know it! Good luck!
  15. turtlepoet

    LTKR then RTKR 6 weeks later

    Good luck to you, and I'll see you on the other side!
Back
Top Bottom