TKR at 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Catherine

Great to hear from you and well done on your recovery. It's fabulous to read that your recovery has been straightforward and you are getting back to a normal life already :thumb: It is lovely to be able to walk our beloved dogs again - the simple pleasures of life - wonderful :thumb:
 
:rolleyespink: just finished my second week back at work!!!i am on phase return so only done 3 days /week and starting 4 next week!!!even if it was lovely to see everybody it was a shell chock experience!!!!my brain is not working any more!!!!strugling to stand more than 2 hours and not confy in my shoes anymore!!!!never the less is still better than preop!the knee that is not the brain!!!!:what::hysterical:still a little way to go but keeping positive!!!!after all i am only 14 weeks post op!!!!oh, and i take a lot less pain killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xxxx:yes 4:
 
It is great to be back at work doing what you love and being around the same people that we enjoy so much, too! You are wise to do the phased-in return----very smart thinking on your part.

Did you get new shoes after your TKR? Just wondering, as your gait will be different. If you haven't, perhaps a new pair to help with the new gait as well as to CELEBRATE your new return to a much more active lifestyle!:thumb::thumb:
 
:flwrysmile: just a bit more than 5 month post op and life could not be better! I am now a lot more active, just join my leisure centre and doing a mixture of Pilates, yoga, aqua aerobic and gym on top of my dancing! I have chosen to opt for low to medium impact exercise, I want my new knee to last as long as it can and my other knee, which got already sign of damage, to last too! Ccoping with work too and pain as eased of a lot. Still swell tho. Just to say life 5 month post op is brill and to whoever out there still hesitating like I did for so long, don't! It s worth it!! Got my life back but don't forget your physio. I still do my exercises!

:bicycle1:
 
Catherine,
I have not been on the bonesmart list in several months but signed on today; I saw your post and started reading!! I'm so happy you have had such a good experience!!!
Catherine
:flwrysmile: just a bit more than 5 month post op and life could not be better! I am now a lot more active, just join my leisure centre and doing a mixture of Pilates, yoga, aqua aerobic and gym on top of my dancing! I have chosen to opt for low to medium impact exercise, I want my new knee to last as long as it can and my other knee, which got already sign of damage, to last too! Ccoping with work too and pain as eased of a lot. Still swell tho. Just to say life 5 month post op is brill and to whoever out there still hesitating like I did for so long, don't! It s worth it!! Got my life back but don't forget your physio. I still do my exercises!

:bicycle1:
 
hi everybody!!!
sory :beg: been so long that i have been on the forum my old tread was tkr 44 , yes i am older!!!!
whats new? well i am getting my other knee (right) replaced on friday 6th sept!!
but did get better for a wile. on the positive i have lost 10 kg and joint the gym and got my diet sorted!!!!so even if i am not looking for the next month i am hoping the long term recovery be easier.
i am now of work so trying to get my house cleaned up, and getting some new slippers tomorrow as well as a mini bike as i think it will be helpful to keep this knees warm in
winter!!!!i am still managing to walk my dog , really slowly and keeping up my mixture of yoga/pilate/phisio at home.

do not worry i haven t forgot rest, elevate and ice up!!!!! :angel:
hope you all keeping well!!
Catherine
 
Hi catherine!-
Congrats on your progress with exercise and the weight. it definitely is easier when you've got at least one better knee, isn't it?
yep remember the Bonesmart mantra and you're on your way.
 
Greetings- Congratulations on all the progress you have made and the decisions to have your second knee done. Nothing gonna hold you back now :) . My ONLY regret from my whole surgery is that I didn't schedule the second three after the first. Now I need to wait a year.
 
Hi Catherinem, Nice to meet you, I'm having bilateral Partials, just before you on Monday 2nd! Also in the UK. In which part of the country are you?
 
Sounds as though you have been doing wonderful and congratulations on your weight loss. Well done!
 
Welcome back!!! I'm glad to hear you're going to get your other knee back in working order!!! At least this time you have an idea of what to expect in recovery. It sounds like you're going great guns getting preparations made. And how wonderful that you've lost weight too!!! Way to go!

Here's hoping you have a very smooth ride this time. We'll be here for any support you need and to answer questions.
 
Hi Catherinem, Nice to meet you, I'm having bilateral Partials, just before you on Monday 2nd! Also in the UK. In which part of the country are you?

hi ditzy. good luck hope all goes well.and you have a good recovery. i am having it done in sheffield (hallamshire hospital) .i see you north yorkshire , not far then!!!keep in touch.
 
Good luck to you with your upcoming second surgery! Hope it goes as smoothly as your first.
 
oh my god!!!!surgery friday, and panic just starting setting in!!!!butterflies in tummy and mushy brain!!!!can not remember that last time!!!!so much to do but can t think strait!!!!done my going to hosp list (love lists!!!!) hope that will do!!!:yikes:
 
Everything will be fine, we promise! Take a deep breath, and repeat three times. I'll be following you in a few days, adn then we can compare notes in recovery. :SUNsmile: Marilyn
 
that s it all done .came back home on Sunday a bit of difficult start, had to go to sleep as the spinal did not work and felt the knife:boohoo: !!!!ouch!!!the ward was lovely, ice cuff strait from recovery and was walking to toilet with zima frame 7 hours after my arrival to ward!!so surprise how different both knees went,to start it was more painful and more refer pain. But now the improvements seem to go a lot faster!!! my legs feel a lot stronger, looks like all the work during last year is paying off!!!phisio realy happy with me.felt realy pamperd in ward, lovely meals with desert, cups of tea,:beer: lovely staff,lovely lady neighbor! only down it was freezing!!!
since home i slept so much and in better control of my pain .pottering around, but taking it realy easy too.managed to walk to the pavement today!!!!lovely fresh air!!!

can t wait to meet my freinds for cupper!!!!:friends:
hope you all doing ok post op!!!

xxxxxxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom