Recent content by trinket

  1. T

    TKR Tears at Physical Therapy for TKR

    Hello, I'm nearly five months out from my second TKR. My range of motion is about 123/125ish (both knees) and I can do everything I need to do just fine. My surgeon says there is no reason to gain any greater ROM than that. Sometimes I think PT wants that number to continue to increase for their...
  2. T

    TKR Hi! New Here - My RTKR Recovery Thread

    My right knee is at 15 months and my left knee is at 4 months. I still have a tight feeling in both of them. Sometimes it seems like my 4 month knee is better than my 15 month knee. My range of motion is just fine and I have no grinding and no pain. I do find that if I massage the soft tissue...
  3. T

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Get the sticky toe warmers you put in your shoes. They are awesome.
  4. T

    TKR Trinket’s Second Knee Replacement

    Hello all, Today is 12 weeks since my second TKR. Things are progressing, but more slowly than the first knee. I still have some aches in the knee, occasionally taking Tylenol and Advil but mostly it's not needed. My knee still pops a little bit, but I think it's getting better. My knee is...
  5. T

    TKR Painful knee

    Hello, apologies for the late response. I didn't get a notification on this and just now saw it: I alternate by taking two Extra Strength Tylenol and two Advil at the same time. Then I take Advil every three hours. The Extra Strength Tylenol can only be taken every eight hours so I fill in with...
  6. T

    TKR Painful knee

    Hello @Nay Nay, we are at about the same place with our tkr's. I've found that a combination of both Tylenol and Advil work better than one or the other alone. My dr told me I can take them together, but I usually alternate them. I still have tightness in both of my knees, including the one...
  7. T

    TKR One Year Post-op

    I'm at 10 weeks out and still need Tylenol and Advil at night. I wake about 2am with a dull ache, usually need to take something for it and try to go back to sleep. I have noticed in the last week or so, it seems to be better. I've had insomnia all my life, so I have no hope of ever getting a...
  8. T

    TKR AnnYo's Knee Recovery

    Hello @AnnYo , I'm just reading the thread about your upcoming trip to Hawaii. What fun!! I would definitely recommend compressions socks for both the flight, and as you travel around and are on your feet more than usual. It's been 10ish weeks since my second TKR and I still find compression...
  9. T

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    I had no appetite for a long while after surgery. I attribute it to all the drugs I was taking. My appetite is now back to normal, and I imagine I’ve gained back anything I might have lost.
  10. T

    TKR Kevin's knee journey - ups and downs

    @kevinR My original plan was similar to yours. Have my second replacement a few months after the first and be done. I realized pretty quickly that I could not go through it again that fast. I waited 11 months to do the second knee and that worked well for me. I probably could have done it a...
  11. T

    TKR 7 1/2 weeks post op TKR question

    I am 8 weeks post surgery and am doing well. However, there is no way I’m ready to get on a plane anytime soon. My knee stiffens up if it’s in one position for any length of time. I need to keep moving and stretching. I know it’s disappointing, but you should probably skip this trip and visit at...
  12. T

    TKR Trinket’s Second Knee Replacement

    Completely agree!!
  13. T

    TKR Trinket’s Second Knee Replacement

    Happy New Year everyone! I’m now eight weeks into my second TKR and things seem to be on track. I’ve been released from PT and saw my surgeon last week. My ROM is about 126/0 and my surgeon says that is more than enough ROM. He’s very pleased and I no longer have any restrictions. I do have a...
  14. T

    TKR Trinket’s Second Knee Replacement

    Yes, absolutely! I tend to have insomnia on a good day. I sleep when and where I can. I’m now done with the compression stockings so that helps some.
  15. T

    TKR Trinket’s Second Knee Replacement

    Thanks @Layla! I’m doing well. Still pretty achy and things feel tight, but my ROM is good at 98/0. I’m able make full rotations on the seated elliptical, am able to use the Pilates reformer, and am back to upper body strength training. No leg press yet, but doing a lot of quad stretching which...
Back
Top Bottom