TKR Hi! New Here - My RTKR Recovery Thread

On my right knee, I'm still feeling some tightness or swelling, especially after a long day and also in the mornings. I think the mornings are because I sleep on my stomach so I'm always getting pressure on the knees. But again, the right knee seems to feel it much more. There is no swelling that you can see, no redness or warmth. It's just an internal feeling
I still get very occasional tightness at the end of a very busy day- particularly if I have done a lot of stairs ( we have three floors). Like you there is no swelling or warmth. I am about 15/ 16 months post my PKR. I suspect it is some very slight internal swelling after a long day. I do have some arthritis in my unoperated compartments- which probably doesn't help.
I just monitor it. It definitely isn't getting any worse and is probably gradually improving. It is so hard to know what is normal with these surgeries. Also we all have slightly different premorbid damage to ligaments/ soft tissues- which can cause some residual symptoms. I try to keep up my glute strengthening pilates regime- although that is slipping now I am busier with looking after grandkids.
Occasionally I go back to the Knee Assessment scales on BoneSmart to reassure myself how much better my scores are now.
 
My right knee is at 15 months and my left knee is at 4 months. I still have a tight feeling in both of them. Sometimes it seems like my 4 month knee is better than my 15 month knee. My range of motion is just fine and I have no grinding and no pain. I do find that if I massage the soft tissue the tightness goes away for a short time, but comes right back again. Not sure what, if anything, I will do about it. Probably will go back to my OS sometime over the summer to see what he has to say about it. Overall, I’m pleased because the pain is gone. Still hopeful the tightness will improve.
 
My L is 13 months old and gets a little stiff and sore, no swelling.
My R is 9 months old and stiffens with prolonged sitting, has some visible swelling, and some kind of lateral quads tissue issue.
Both have great ROM and like to walk; the R knee is holding back my strengthening.
 
Back
Top Bottom