TKR Trinket’s Second Knee Replacement

I do need to do more walking. My stride feels very awkward, almost as if my knees don’t communicate with each other. Since I’d rather go to the gym and strength train rather than walk, I need to force myself to take some nice long walks.

I still don’t have much stamina and tire easily. I chalk that up to three major surgeries in 18 months. Now that structurally I’m all fixed I can work on that.
All this will improve as you continue to heal. I actually had a lot of all around improvement in my second year.
 
I do need to do more walking. My stride feels very awkward, almost as if my knees don’t communicate with each other.
Try to focus on correct heel-toe walking -- striking the ground with your heel first, then rolling through your heel to your toe, and pushing out of the step with your toe. It looks like this:

1639236580030.jpeg


You have to slow your pace and concentrate through the entire step. It will feel awkward at first, but it you practice consistently for a couple of weeks, you'll notice a difference!
 
:hi:@trinket
You're doing great and making wonderful progress. I think you're right about the fatigue given three major surgeries within a year and a half. That's a lot to recover from. You're a champ!
Wishing you all that's good in 2024! :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary, trinket!
Take good care and stay in touch. :wave:
@trinket
 
Hello all,

Today is 12 weeks since my second TKR. Things are progressing, but more slowly than the first knee. I still have some aches in the knee, occasionally taking Tylenol and Advil but mostly it's not needed. My knee still pops a little bit, but I think it's getting better. My knee is still swollen and I'm elevating and icing once in a while, but more of both would probably be helpful. The tightness in both knees remain and I massage daily, which helps some.

Finding that my hip flexors become tight after sitting for a while and it takes some movement to loosen them up. I'm chalking that up to getting older. I get plenty of exercise and workout daily so I doubt that inactivity is the problem.

Overall I'm quite pleased with both my new knees. I feel that improvements will continue, and I hope I'm done with surgeries for a while. The last couple years have been a lot.

Thanks to all at Bonesmart for the support. I pop in when I can to read and respond if I think I have anything valuable to add.
 
Thank you for checking in!!!!

The swelling and tightness aren't unusual at this point - and you're pretty much timewise right where a lot of us start to slack off on ice and elevation (sigh) (ask me how I know!)

Hang in there - it sounds like you're on the way to a good ongoing recovery.
 
You are right trinket, improvements will continue. Thankfully you're pleased overall.
Happy Three Month Anniversary! May it only get better. :thumb:
@trinket
 
Back
Top Bottom