Recent content by ToKnee

  1. ToKnee

    MUA 9 weeks post-op right TKR

    Tx meaning treatment. If only it was tax and I could just pay to have this fixed!
  2. ToKnee

    TKR TKR September 10

    @flsungirl -- I was back at work when I could think clearly, about 10 days after surgery. I have a job where I could work from home, and still do, so that is fortunate. When you do go back, take frequent breaks and sit down often. My PT started with the brute force, bend it until you can't...
  3. ToKnee

    MUA 9 weeks post-op right TKR

    Well, I had another MUA on Sept 14. While each one has given me increased ROM, it is not near what I want. Still going to PT, with a complete shift in approach. No more brute force of bending, now it is massage to loosen muscles and stretching. 2 days ago I got the news that I have significant...
  4. ToKnee

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    I am so heartened by your determination and willingness to share the process. Your recovery sounds like mine, although I never got to 90 as fast! But since the MUA, which did increase the flexion, I have plateaued. I am taking a break from pt to see if that helps with inflammation. I have a CT...
  5. ToKnee

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    Thinking of you and hoping the revision was a success!
  6. ToKnee

    MUA 9 weeks post-op right TKR

    Update: it's almost 4 months post surgery and I've plateaued at abt 78 or so for my resting flexion, and I've lost a little in extension Pt said to take a break. Can't do a full revolution on the bike Sleep is still disrupted with pain On the good side, I am able to walk without a huge limp...
  7. ToKnee

    TKR Finally found a new surgeon

    Ugh. My surgeon tried to do some recovery shaming, too. He may know the anatomy, but I know my body as a system, as do you. My body reacts to trauma with a lot of swelling. It is taking a while to go down, but it finally is. And I have had breakthroughs in pt this week with flexion. Make sure to...
  8. ToKnee

    TKR So tired!

    I hear you about work. I'm fortunate that I can work from home and take naps when tired, but I still have an hourly expectation of 55 per week and attorneys and projects to manage. It takes a while to get used to working again, and I can't imagine the stairs, stooping, etc that is involved with...
  9. ToKnee

    TKR Finally found a new surgeon

    @Mr Gary - I am almost 12 weeks out and just a couple weeks ago had another pt person approach my therapy from a different angle - getting my quads and hips loosened. I have always had problems with tight quads and it band. Post surgery this has kept my leg from bending. Now in pt I get a lot...
  10. ToKnee

    MUA 9 weeks post-op right TKR

    I find my restless leg is linked with sugar, possibly yeast or wheat, tight it band, and a full bladder. If I cut back on sugar, don't drink beer, stretch, and empty my bladder, I keep it at bay.
  11. ToKnee

    MUA 9 weeks post-op right TKR

    I'm still learning the ins and outs of the forum, so my apologies for not doing in message quotes, etc. When I was first released I would sit using the chair and pillow arrangement as in the image. It worked well for a while. I then moved to a desk chair with recline option, working at table...
  12. ToKnee

    MUA 9 weeks post-op right TKR

    Josephine, sorry for improper format. I copied from another post. I wasn't sure where the list of questions were! Not doing anything is driving me nuts. I have been an active person, and my back, good leg and brain all feel stiff and sore from not doing things. Work I must, at least 40...
  13. ToKnee

    MUA 9 weeks post-op right TKR

    Hi. I've been lurking on the forums for quite some time, thanks for everyone's posts! I felt better prepared for the surgery and the recovery. I am currently 9 weeks post-op of a right TKR. The knee was so arthritic that it hurt to walk, sitting caused it to freeze up, and going up and down the...
  14. ToKnee

    Welcome to the April Rainbows' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    Right TKR on April 19th. First major surgery, hopefully no more!
Back
Top Bottom