Recent content by tjcteacher

  1. tjcteacher

    Bilat - second thoughts?

    I had both knees replaced at the same time and I have zero regrets! Surgery was April 26, 2016-so it's been 14 months and I love them!
  2. tjcteacher

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    That is wonderful news and deserves celebration! I love my knees-wish my back were stronger and that I could kneel! But love my knees.
  3. tjcteacher

    Bilateral TKR Two new knees!

    I didn't get to go to rehab either-like you! Do you gentle PT and stretching-you will continue to do well. ICE and elevate lots-it's been 1 year since mine. Good luck with your rehab!
  4. tjcteacher

    Bilateral TKR 1 year later still stiffness?

    At the end of this month it's been 1 year since my Bilateral total knee replacements. I still have numbness, stiffness and swelling (swelling I think is side effect of some meds I take for other issues). I think it's normal but i do love my knees! Better than the old ones.
  5. tjcteacher

    BTKR scheduled for April 7th. Question about rehab.

    I planned on going to rehab but my insurance bulked at it because I did so well in the hospital. I ended up going home and I don't regret it.
  6. tjcteacher

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    I still have issues getting off of the floor or ground. My ortho told me never to kneel on my new knees so can't get up.
  7. tjcteacher

    Is second guessing normal?

    It's ok. Just breathe-I second guessed but so so glad I went through with everything-it's been 9 months. Don't regret a bit!
  8. tjcteacher

    BTKR...What is your dr saying for expected time out of work???

    I also would say about 11-12 weeks.
  9. tjcteacher

    Gulp - Bilateral knee replacement scheduled

    It does take 8 weeks I think to feel better-at 3 months post op you don't think about the knees much-you just live life!
  10. tjcteacher

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    It was really 3 months when I stopped thinking about my knees and went about my day. I promise it gets better every week. By 8 weeks you will be good! Give it time :)
  11. tjcteacher

    Kathi777's New Knees

    You will feel great by this summer! Be patient :)
  12. tjcteacher

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    It will be better at 8 weeks-hang in there! Had Bilateral Knee replacement 9 months ago.
  13. tjcteacher

    Gulp - Bilateral knee replacement scheduled

    9 months since my bilateral knee replacement and it's been great-no regrets.
  14. tjcteacher

    Bilateral TKR Inflammation and muscle cramps

    I had those kind of cramps for at least 8 weeks! Hated night time due to that.
Back
Top Bottom