Recent content by tizzy55

  1. tizzy55

    THR Had THR on 21st Nov

    sharonslp thank you for your message. No, I didn't get new shoes after surgery, perhaps I should. Thank you for tagging Jaycey for me. Spid I don't do the exercises as much as I did but I do still do them and if you think that the side leg raises do help with the limp, I will certainly do them...
  2. tizzy55

    THR Had THR on 21st Nov

    You have done so well Spid if I could just get rid of this limp and the muscle tightness I'd be fine.
  3. tizzy55

    THR Had THR on 21st Nov

    Spid are you still limping?
  4. tizzy55

    THR Had THR on 21st Nov

    Hi spid...no not new footwear. Always my footwear has worn down evenly, now ..not so. Only since my op have i found that my footwear is wearing down differently. Nice to hear from you spid :)
  5. tizzy55

    THR Had THR on 21st Nov

    Well. finally found the time for an update. I started back work on 4th March on a phased return and light duties. That went very well and I am starting back full time after the Easter holidays. I still have some concerns though. I still cannot walk very far without getting exhausted and achy. I...
  6. tizzy55

    THR Had THR on 21st Nov

    well, havent been here for a while and hoping you are all doing well. I had an update at the docs last thursday and I am told I can go back to work, on a phased return, on March 4th, so thats my next milestone. My left arm and neck is still hurting though. Thinking its my posture when walking...
  7. tizzy55

    THR Recovery post op 21st Nov.

    you seem to be doing fabulously spid...hope your weekend away went well
  8. tizzy55

    THR Home with my new hip!

    Sounds like you are doing fab wildsong! Welcome to the other side :flwrysmile:
  9. tizzy55

    THR THR - I had been dying to sleep in my waterbed!

    Hi Hippy thought I'd pop along to your thread rather than hijack Queenies lol. I'm at exactly the stage you are at. I'm still a bit limpy and am managing to go without my stick though sometimes i get tired and need it. I'm going back to work on a phased return, hopefully, at the end of Feb. I...
  10. tizzy55

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    wow Hippy12 so we did! How ya doing? Good I hope
  11. tizzy55

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Wow Queenie, you have started on the road to better sleeping....HOOORAAAY! Like Poppet says, those little tiny milestones turn into huge ones and good sleep helps you to achieve them! Onward and upward! :yay:
  12. tizzy55

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Hi Queenie...big hugs sent your way from not so sunny Scunny (Scunthorpe). You are doing marvellously at the stage you are at, and I think you're just like the rest of us and expect too much too soon, I did too. Sleeping was a big issue with me but after buying loads of pillows and placing them...
  13. tizzy55

    THR Had THR on 21st Nov

    haha lesson learned Vida thanks!!!
  14. tizzy55

    THR Had THR on 21st Nov

    Thank you badgerfan Vida and Beth, all your points have been noted. Vida I have some ibrofen and naproxen in my medicine cabinet so I'll try taking those to see if it helps, thank you. @ badgerfan it seems to be very difficult where I live to get any PT apart from a printout with pictures to...
  15. tizzy55

    THR Damn glad that's over!

    Miss reading Tammy's threads, does anyone know if she's ok? Am doing much better at the mo and trying to live without my stick for as long as I can. Only problem is, i wonder if anyone else has suffered this, my left arm, especially the elbow, is absolutely killing me. I'm finding it even...
Back
Top Bottom