Guest viewing is limited

THR Recovery post op 21st Nov.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the Thighmaster would require more strength than most of us have in the early stages of recovery. But maybe with a little help from Suzanne Somers... :wink:
 
Thanks Tammy, much appreciated! I'll get Googling...

Hahahaaa John!! If Suzanne Somers was next to me I think anything would be possible!!
 
Wow! Spid is in to older women. You are hanging around the right forum for that my friend. :rotfl: Although parts of us are really, really young...er, new :)
 
Got the all clear from the surgeon. Told me to not go overboard with sitting in low seats at the moment, use cushions in my car as the seats are sporty and low! But other than that everything is fine.

Josephine I've attached my X-ray pictures from the day after the op. Any thoughts?

broken link removed: https://postimage.org/image/xolc3mddf
broken link removed: https://postimage.org/image/981c32gpp/
 
Josephine I'm not having any pain in the right (unoperated) hip but there isn't full ROM. OS seems to think it will need doing eventually. Can you see the signs too? He also commented on how thin my bones are.
 
Weeell, if forced to make a comment, the unoperated hip does look a little ropey but nothing too extreme, I wouldn't have thought - though you have only caught half the femoral head. As for thin bones, perhaps they are a tad so.
 
Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated and makes me feel more at ease. Josephine
 
Great Doctor's report, take it steady and believe me, careful with the low seatd, they let you get on them, but they don't want to let you off
 
I badly want to go for a drive in my car but very anxious about the seats. I guess I'll give it a go over the next few days with a couple of cushions to hand.
 
Vroom, vroom! Let us know how your first drive goes.
 
Not posted in a whole but been on here lurking at familiar threads.

Progress is good. Don't really notice my operated hip except on standing which I think I will keep noticing for a a few more months I guess. Even had a moment where I lifted my leg up to take a shoe off the other day and I was genuinely wondering which hip did I have done!

Got a niggle on the back of my right hip but nothing to trouble me too much for now.

Just wanted to ask Josephine about my finger that has swollen up. Index finger on my right hand. It looked like it had bled last week, then yesterday I noticed it was red and swollen. I'm guessing I've been bitten or something? Rang the GP and he's got me a prescription for antibiotics waiting. It shouldn't be anything to worry about should it, like an infection that could spread? I'm due to go abroad for the weekend so just wanted to nip it in the bud.
 
I said as far as the hip is concerned! If your finger is infected then of course you need antibiotics!
 
Ahh good point. I've taken a couple of ibuprofen and will see how the swelling goes overnight and then pick it up tomorrow morning.
 
you seem to be doing fabulously spid...hope your weekend away went well
 
So little update. All is well really. It took just under four months but I think I don't notice stiffness when I stand after sitting for a while, 95% of the time anyway. Still using pillow between my knees when sleeping as I'm used to it now and it feels weird without it lol.

I want to get more strength back into my legs now. Like when getting up from a sofa I still use my hands to push myself up. alexthecat any exercises I can do to get those muscles stronger?

Other than that I can't really complain, touch wood.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom