Recent content by Tina65

  1. Tina65

    Here I go Again

    Thanks for the positive thoughts from everyone. Today, the day before surgery, is especially painful, so that makes the dread and nervousness a bit less. At this point, I just want to get it done. See you all on the post-op thread in a week or so!
  2. Tina65

    Here I go Again

    Wonderful words of encouragement from everyone. I truly appreciate it. My doctor says there will be physical therapy afterwards. I know that when my father had his hip replaced in 1990, and those were the days with the long incision, posterior, cut muscles and nerves, he didn't have physical...
  3. Tina65

    Here I go Again

    Thank you for the words of encouragement. My PA was the one who told me about the bone spurs, which can clearly be seen in the xrays, but anyone with as much experience as you, Josephine, surely knows. One thing is clear, it’s time to do this. My right leg was straightened 14 degrees when the...
  4. Tina65

    Here I go Again

    After having TKR on both knees five years ago, now it's my right hip. I could probably gone a bit longer with injections in the hip joint, but the bone spurs on my hip are horribly painful. The pains from them are far worse than the bone-on-bone of the hip joint. The bone spurs press on...
  5. Tina65

    2019 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    RTHR scheduled for April 22. I had TKR on both knees in 2014, and now the right hip. It'll be interesting the first time I try to fly and have to go through security screening - two knees, a hip, and a plate in my right wrist.
  6. Tina65

    Hip pain question

    I haven't seen anyone mention this as causing referred pain, but my doctor showed me on my x-rays that I have bone spurs on my hip, and the bone spurs press on the nerves. I have had total knee replacements in both legs, and was getting intense pain down the leg with the bad hip. It would...
  7. Tina65

    TKR One Week Post-op and so Glad I Did It

    I had one odd physical reaction following the surgery. I keeps feeling like a piece of tissue (nearest thing I can think of as a comparison) catches on the underside of my rib cage. Maybe like a hernia would be? It's on the unoperated knee side. Anyone ever feel such a thing? It's lessening...
  8. Tina65

    TKR One Week Post-op and so Glad I Did It

    I had the second knee replaced on Monday, June 2, and am now home recovering. This one seems more painful, swollen, and bruised. I found out that my doctor had to do a 14% correction. I had a badly bowed leg, and now I'm knock-kneed. This is going to be a harder rehab. The surgery was over 3...
  9. Tina65

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    I need to move over to post-op now, but am unsure just how to do it. This second knee was not as easy for me or the doctor. The surgery lasted over 3 hours! My doctor had to correct 14 degrees. I'm no longer bowlegged, in fact I'm knock kneed now, although only a few days out it's hard to say...
  10. Tina65

    Here I Go Again

    I had a TKR on the left knee on January 15, and on Monday, June 2, I'll have a TKR on the right knee. My back hurts so much and now my hips are acting up due to the lopsidedness since I now have artificial cartilage in the replaced knee. I can't say I'm looking forward to surgery, but I...
  11. Tina65

    Here I Go Again

    I think at my age, 2" heels would be more than enough, but as you say, after years of flats, it'll be wonderful.
  12. Tina65

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    I received some therapy in the hospital, at home therapy, and then the doctor released me to drive so I could continue therapy at a facility. The therapy is as important as the surgery. My first surgery was so successful, relatively pain-free, and the new knee is so great, that I'm having the...
  13. Tina65

    Here I Go Again

    Shoes with heels is my goal. Heck, I'd be happy with 2 inch heels. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  14. Tina65

    Here I Go Again

    I want to be able to wear something besides nike sneakers. Anything with any heel at all has been impossible due to the knee pain. I'd like to be able to go down stairs like a regular person instead of the jerky, holding on for dear life, one legged (so to speak). Replacing shoes is something I...
  15. Tina65

    Here I Go Again

    Thanks for the encouragement Lovestoread. I'm sure glad it has worked out so well for you. I love the strength and steadiness of the replaced knee, and the lack of pain, of course.
Back
Top Bottom