Recent content by Timo50

  1. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    Hi all, thought I would check in, 10 months post op and all is still good, in fact, I forget most days I ever had it done. My left hip has started to give me some minor pain, but this time round I will get it done when the time comes, I wont suffer years of pain like before, so I'll be back on...
  2. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    Hi all, hope everyone is doing ok. The thigh and groin pain I had seems to have subsided, so I guess it was just from overdoing things. I'm still amazed and thankful every day at what a difference a new hip has made to my life.
  3. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    @wander03 I've been back riding since June, its much more comfortable without the pain :)
  4. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    Hi everyone, I hope all is well. Coming up to almost 4 months and a slight problem with groin pain, I'm hoping its just muscle pain, I am fine when walking and weight bearing, its just when i lift my leg up to tie shoes or get out of bed, etc, Im hoping its just from overdoing things, its not...
  5. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    Thanks @Layla, All still going well, cant believe its been 3 months!
  6. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    Hi all, 12 weeks post op tomorrow, all still good. I managed a motorcycle ride on Sunday and its so much more comfortable. I also managed to tie my shoes yesterday. I'm still seeing small improvements every week, but still mindful that its still early days in the grand scheme of things, so still...
  7. T

    THR Lynne54's Recovery Thread

    Hi Lynne54, I still have a numb and slightly swollen area at 3 months, it is getting better but very slowly.
  8. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    Morning all. Just coming up to 11 weeks so thought I'd update. We went away for the (UK) long weekend, and did a lot of walking, I'm stunned at how different it was from when we visited the same place last year, walking all day was easy, no pain, my partner even commented that she couldn't...
  9. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    @Layla thank you, you too. Not much to report at 2 months, except that everything seems to be getting easier, like getting in and out of the car, climbing stairs, picking things off the floor, etc. The swelling on my hip has gone down a bit more, so hopefully, that's sorting itself out as well...
  10. T

    THR Riding a motorbike post RTHR

    I got my motorcycles out at the weekend and had a go getting on and off, carefully, no problems, even got one on the center stand, both bikes feel way more comfortable to sit on as well, no pain. May take them out next weekend. Almost 9 weeks PO.
  11. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    Hi all, 8 weeks PO and not much has changed, my leg has been a bit stiff, probably because I'm back at work and more active, I've caught myself a few times doing things that break restrictions, but stopped myself in time, although my surgeon lifted restrictions at 6 weeks, I'm sticking with them...
  12. T

    THR Riding a motorbike post RTHR

    Hi, I live for my motorbikes, I'm now 8 weeks post op. My surgeon and physio said to give it 12 weeks, and although I'm making good progress, in all honesty, I'm not 100% ready yet, and I am fairly fit. Talk to your surgeon and physio. A lot may depend on what you ride, as sports bikes have a...
  13. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    @Layla I had posterior too, thanks, I will try the folded towel. I tried massaging the area last night, its quite firm, the surgeon wasn't concerned so I hope it will go soon.
  14. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    Hi all. Fridays 6 week consultation was pretty uneventful, , He checked the surgery site, asked a few questions, released me from restrictions and advised me the use common sense going forwards. I asked him a few questions and that was it. Overall, I'm happy, and will go to the same surgeon...
  15. T

    THR Timo50 Recovery

    Hi everyone, its 6 weeks today since I had my op, and although it seemed an age away six weeks back, the time has gone quite quick. I see the surgeon on Friday, so will update you on how it goes, I'm hoping he will lift restrictions and clear me to drive. I walking much better now, only using...
Back
Top Bottom