7 weeks since my last surgery. Out patient has been going well, had my 8th visit today. Started out at 70 degrees of flexion on the left now at 83. Was 68 degrees on the right now at 85. I know I'm slower to recover than some of you but I'm pleased with my progress.
Went shopping for bio oil...
I am just approaching the 5 week mark and my knee is acting similaŕ to yours. I think you are right on target being that complete recovery can take a year or more. Since you are seeing progress I don't think it's anything to worry about. It is frustrating but it will get better, hanģ in there.
4 weeks since my RTKR and early this morning I was able to sleep on my left side for 3 whole hours. I can't believe how much more energy and stamina I have today. A real turning point.
I start outpatient PT tomorrow. Gonna let them know from the start I'm open to gentle ROM & stretching...
@Lefty57 I decided to forgo PT (for at least the 1st month) it has really cut down on the amount of pain meds I need. Glad to hear you were able to get a refill. Hope you get some quality sleep.
Welcome to Bonesmart. I had one knee done in March 18 and the other in October and experienced change in just that short time. I can only imagine the difference 9 years makes.
Wishing you a swift and comfortable recovery.
@Kiwigirl62, so glad to hear you were finally able to get a few hours of sleep. Medicated sleep is better than none. I'm sure pain levels are inreased by lack of sleep so hopefully getting a few hours will also help manage the foot pain.
I enjoy reading your posts @beachy even on not so gòod days you still find something good to say about it. I am 6 days ahead of you on surgery days. Not doing quite as well in recovery as you are but knowing we will both get there in good time.
@Mr Gary sorry to hear you are still experiencing so much pain.
I go to sleep every night with this in my prayers "thank god I only have two knees". I dont think I could do this a third time.
Enjoy your vacation and come back ready to slay this knee dragon once and for all.
You are among...
I feel so fortunate that I purchased an adjustable bed last year. Like most of you I like to sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs but the angry knee doesnt like that. I have found I can get 2-3 hours of sleep at a time if I put my bed into zero gravity position. If I won the lottery...
@Koopersmom, congratulatiòns on the new addition to your family. It's strange how our pets know when were not feeling well and go from roudy play monsters to lap cuttlè bugs. I have both cats and dogs so I havè plenty of nurses.
Welcome to BoneSmart! I'm fairly new at this forum myself but there are many others here who have a lot of wisdom to share. I'm sure they will be checking in shortly. At 2 months out from surgery your knee is just begining It's recovery - it can take up to 12 months or longer to heal...
@NanaBeach hope your trip home was smooth and painfree. It feels so good to get releasèd where you can rest in your own bed and follow your own schedule. Remember to ice, elevate,medicate and rest. This is not the time to over do.
Thanks @Bismitmom1, it makes sense to me. My leg was bowed to the outside before surgery and is less so now. I wish it was even straighter but guess I should be grateful that its not 'cuz that might really be painful.
Funny but it makes me think of the childrens song "the knee bones connected...
Today was a hard day, for some reason my back is hurting almost as much as my knee. I have stopped using my ice machine and switched to using bags of frozen peas. The pain in my knee is centered ln one spot and when I ice the whole leg it makes my back mucles spazm. So for now I ice the knee...
@beachy please let us know when you find the good PT. My 1st knee I had in home PT and outpatient. The in home was horrible and cost a fortune. How they can charge $600 US dollars for approximately 15 mins of exercises that are the same every day is beyond me. I would love to find a PT that...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.