Recent content by thethom

  1. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Howard's BTKR Update

    Howard, Yesterday was my 10 month anniversary of my BTKR. Most days I feel so good I can hardly stand it... Still some days of foot and ankle discomfort and a little knee soreness. After I changed my gym workouts to 4 daily 1 hour sessions weekly instead of 2 monster 2-3 hour workouts every...
  2. thethom

    TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

    Well Hi there Elisea ! Nice to hear from you..... No, didn't get to visit the New Years forum I was so busy partying... LOL... However, I did have to leave the party a bit early as ole lefty was acting up and just wasn't comfortable... Righty didn't complain at all... Still chasing the "zone". I...
  3. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Howard's BTKR Update

    Howard; Nope, not taken as whining... I went through the same frusrations and when I realized that I will be "rewarded" when I push it too far, I became a bit more sensible about my expectations. After a few meltdowns about "OMG, is this ever gonna end ? " I just react to the results by either...
  4. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Howard's BTKR Update

    Howard; As another BTKR patient, I just passed my 6 month "anniversary" and after the first half year, yes, the vets here are right, better figure at least a year after BTKR before "normalcy" is back.... I hit several plateaus so far, 1 mile walk, 2 mile walk (had to quit that after the first 2...
  5. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR's, Before and After

    Poster child material for sure. Hardest thing I have ever done (still doing) :SUNsmile:
  6. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR's, Before and After

    WONDERFUL !!!! Understatement..... Now I'm really a "straight up" guy :spin:
  7. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR's, Before and After

    You know several people have asked me about the height thing but I haven't "officially" measured as of yet. Roy's agreement on the long workouts make me think a little more but I really don't have "excesss" swelling after the workouts. And the ability to do the cardio (non-impact elliptical...
  8. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR's, Before and After

    Not really. You are the inspiration after recovery from an incident like yours with the accident. Just double Wow.....
  9. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR's, Before and After

    I guess the long workouts weren't poo-pooed by my PT ( whose office happens to be right in my gym). I am able to do the 1.6 mile walks daily with no adverse effect and not having to do meds most the time is a good sign, I think. It all seems to be how much you can handle physically and the legs...
  10. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR's, Before and After

    Well, I finally got the evidence in picture for ya'll...... 26 weeks out from the surgery all the PT and drugs in the world don't change the fact that I still am not 100 % recovered. I am fortunate that I don't have to be pressured to go back to work as I retired last year and my "job" now is...
  11. thethom

    TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

    Elisea; So sorry to hear of the complications... I will show my ignorance by asking what precisely is the "IT Band". I do know that I still have issues with my feet hurting now and because of that foot pain, being careful with not overdoing my PT and walks. I am up to 1.6 miles daily with some...
  12. thethom

    Bi-Lateral TKR's anyone?

    Oh yeah ! I've been driving since week 5. Flying my small plane since week 8. Hardest part is in and out of seating but it's not that tough at all, just a bit uncomfortable the swing in and out of seating. By "releasing me" I just mean that the OS and PT don't need to see me any more unless any...
  13. thethom

    Bi-Lateral TKR's anyone?

    Hi Roxie; Welcome from another BTKR survivor. I personally wouldn't have done this any other way, in hindsight. Biggest challenge for me was my surgery complications (overmedicated by Hospital and surgical staff, had to go 4 days with no pain meds until I was "cleaned out" and could resume...
  14. thethom

    Bilateral TKR Bi-Lateral knees 1 month later, Still can't straighten either knee, having a hard time.

    Kimber; My two cents worth is this......I had BTKR done 5/14/2012. DO NOT let the PT's make you hurt. It happened to me in Acute rehab and it regressed everything I gained. I am at 9 weeks today and the best thing I did was to not aggravate the knee (s) and listen to my pals, Fred & Ethel (...
  15. thethom

    TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

    Wow; I am so fortunate. Sorry to hear about issues with tissues .......... 52 days out for me and so far so good. Sending positive spidey vibes your way for healing powers for you....:SUNsmile: TheThom aka "SpiderMan"
Back
Top Bottom