Recent content by tek'smom

  1. T

    Six Month Anniversary!

    I am so glad I had the surgery. The first bit is difficult, but every day is better.
  2. T

    Six Month Anniversary!

    I am two weeks behind you. I have ridden my bike, but not 25 miles--good for you. I am swimming, hiking, and not thinking about my knee so much.
  3. T

    TKR Very grateful for shared stories

    Today I am 5 months and 2 weeks out. Yesterday was my first fall. We were hiking on a slope, the ground was muddy and I slid downhill. Fortunately, the mud made everything soft and wet. I am a little sore today but everything else is fine.
  4. T

    Red Cord PT

    Let's all remember it's MODIFIED!
  5. T

    Red Cord PT

    Joseph Pilates basically took an old hospital bed with springs and reengineered it. He was working with British soldiers in hospitals during WW1. He recognized the wounded soldiers needed exercise to help them rehabilitate and help prevent muscle atrophy. The reformer works with a padded...
  6. T

    TKR leg shaking

    When a muscle trembles, it is working really hard. It should stop when the activity stops, or stop right after. You must be working hard.
  7. T

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    Glad you are making progress. Have you thought about crate training the puppy? It's easy and it's safe for everyone.
  8. T

    TKR Very grateful for shared stories

    The 19th post op week just sort of snuck up on me and I continue to be pleased with my progress. Today at Pilates I was able to do something which had eluded me until today. I was able to bend my knee more than ever before. Using only my bend left leg, I was able to bring the reformer all the...
  9. T

    Red Cord PT

    In some ways it appears very similar to a Pilates reformer. I started back, cautiously, on the reformer at 4 weeks.. For me, it has been very beneficial.
  10. T

    MUA at 2 months and wound scrape

    Maybe consider getting another party involved: patient omnibusman or my personal favorite, the office of hospital administration. If you are going to go over his head, don't mess around!
  11. T

    TKR Out of curiousity

    80% successful is a significant percentage!
  12. T

    TKR Out of curiousity

    I tried every strengthening exercise for knees, quads, and glutes for over two years. Fitness did help, but the bone on bone won out. I looked at Paravono's website. I am not convinced a combination of being well hydrated, eating a paleo diet, breathing correcting, and sleeping is going to...
  13. T

    TKR Braindoc recovering

    I had itinerant pains in weird areas that would last 24-36 hours. When I way overdid it at 9 weeks, I was out of commission for anything beyond staying close to home for almost 10 days.
  14. T

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    Everyone experiences pain differently and people heals differently. Slow and steady is great , especially when balanced with what feels good.
  15. T

    TKR Over 3 months post op

    Don't forget to try the game, Candy Crush!
Back
Top Bottom