I am 4 weeks out and life is so good. I Quit using the rollator last week. I still need a cane for balance and security. Its so nice to be able to actually walk after all this time. Taking it slow and steady. My leg muscles are getting stronger by the day. My 1st hip feels very strong and I have...
Thanks Mojo and MammaT. I know you both are wise and way ahead of me at this hip thing. My flexor is feeling better. I will definitely chalk that up as a life lesson and slow down a bit and maybe try to stretch and warm up some b4 trying to walk again. I sat out in the sun today it was 76 out; I...
Well I walked around the block Monday using my rollator and it felt great til the last few minutes. I had to keep stopping due to a little bit of pain and exhaustion. Then Tuesday morning when I got up moving around I had hip flexor pain. I think I over did it!!! I went on to PT but I took it...
Good to hear from ya and so glad you are doing well. I too am getting there!! 2nd hip has been much harder than the 1st. I am now past the pain and walking as much as I can and smiling the whole time.
My OS said Xray was good and he was impressed with my progress since leaving hospital. Started out-patient PT Friday and he is also impressed with my progress. 2 weeks on Monday since surgery and I am just super happy to have my new hips installed and almost pain free. No more bone on bone pain...
I have never heard of anything like that. I think you are over thinking it tho. As long as you follow your Drs restrictions and take it slow and easy I think you will be fine. Just had my 2nd hip done and havent even thought about dislocation.
Going to my 1st post op appt today. I am walking with my cane all over the house after 1 week. Life is getting better every day. I will use my rollator for a few more weeks when going out then I am gonna donate it to my Rehab place cuz if I never see it again I will be fine with that. Its been...
Well it is day 5 post op and it feels different. It feels like my body has stopped fighting and has accepted my new implant. The past 5 days have been Hell. I went to bed the last 5 nights exhausted and swelled up so bad. And the pain was only bearable because of the meds. Last night was odd, I...
Got to come home today and its nice to be home!!!!Out of concern I stayed an xtra day. I have been in such crazy pain, this hip is so different than my other. I went back and read my 1st op post and boy such a difference. I made them xray my leg b4 I was discharged today, the pain was so...
MammaT My first hip was so easy, this one I feel like a bus has hit me. My leg is so incredibly sore even with the pain meds. I hope this will pass as the days go by. Just going to bathroom is exhausting. I expected this hip to be easy too but whew it is NOT. PT went well once they got me up out...
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I unexpectedly slept so good last night, was exhausted from surgery and not sleeping the night before. They are real good about keeping my pain meds coming. I think I will stay another night just to be taken care of. I kinda like the pampering. The food & of...
Out of surgery, hours ago. I'm in my room with this horrible abduction pillow between my legs. This hip seems to hurt more than my last one but I can handle it. Been up to bathroom twice now. That horrible bone on bone pain is all gone Thank you JESUS. Gotta rest. Already have the ice working...
Sleepless night but I will sleep while they replace my hip in a few hours. Oh boy am I ever ready. This last week has been horrible. The pain in my un-operated leg has escalated so fast. Trying to get my house in order has been tough. Pain meds just don't help the bone on bone grinding and...
Thanks Layla, I know 2 more sleeps and Sunday night not much sleep will there be. Up at 3AM Monday Morn and get ready, do any last minute preps and off to hospital by 5AM. I am first in Monday morning!! Get er done an in recovery!! Trying to stay busy so time WON'T drag by.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.