Guest viewing is limited

THR My second hip.... Dilly Dilly!

:hi: Hi! @MajorHeidi
Happy One Month Anniversary!
Wondering how you're doing. Would love to hear an update when you have time.
Hope you're enjoying the weekend.
Best wishes for a great week! :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks for the good wishes, @Layla !

All in all, I am doing very well, with much faster recovery than Hip One.

I still have some discomfort in the area about an inch above the knee, to the bottom of the
incision; but its all on the non-groin side of the incision. The incision itself doesn't hurt, its to the side and downward. I can't remember if this is normal and expected?

Also, my incision (glue and mesh tape) has now all come off.
I do have one small place at the bottom of the incision that still weeps at times.
Is this normal?
I am waiting on 6 weeks to go by, so I can go to the pool; assuming all scabs have to go away
completely by then.

Hope everyone is making good progress, and recuperating nicely. :yes:
 
Hi @MajorHeidi
Great news to hear your recovery is going well and even better than your first THR.

I would guess the discomfort you're feeling must be normal at this point since you're only one month post op. Posterior approach is what I had so I'm not familiar with healing from anterior approach.

As far as that little spot of blood at the bottom of your incision, I had the same but it seemed to only last for a short time. Consider calling the office of your OS to speak with a member of his care team to have your questions answered. Let them offer you some reassurance.

Best wishes for a great week as you continue healing!
 
I too took oxycodone but it made me hot and thirsty; however, my blood thinning injections made me freeze.
 
All is well and good now...
Still waiting on last remnant of scab to go away so I can go to the pool for Memorial Day.
Hope everyone is doing well and happy!
 
:wave:So happy you are doing well.
Nice to hear update.
You deserve a happy holiday!!!:ok:
 
Great news!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend. :swim:
Thanks for the update. May it only get better and better!

@MajorHeidi
 
Hi @MajorHeidi ....glad to see you're doing well, apart from little niggles like the scab.....I'm sure your lovely dogs appreciate having their mum getting more active, I know mine do (can't wait to get back to normal long walks tho). I'm doing pretty well too, tho I may have ODI walking with my dad last week, and I feel as if it's gone backwards a couple of weeks :whistle: those icepacks are really getting a workout :heehee: but, as long as expectations aren't too high, it is all manageable. Roll on our 6mth anniversary....it will be interesting to look back and see how far we've come!
 
Hi Claire, (@MajorHeidi) Don’t know if you remember me, I was reading some of my old posts, and saw that you had your second replacement this spring. I too had to do the other hip this year as well. How are you, it’s pretty nice to see my original first hip cohort from 4 years ago. Hope your doing well
Lynn
 
Hi @Lmflora Lynn, yes I remember you! I guess we are on the same schedule.
I'm doing well, all in all.
Had a hamstring pull on other leg; that was slow to recover from.
One quirky thing: I still have some electrical twinges or pins/needles on the new hip side at 6.5 months.
I hope that goes away!
Hope you are happy and well!
 
Hi Claire,
Those pins and needle things are ouchy, I get them when I lean up against the counter, and it stops everything, gosh I hope they go away for you. Bummer about the ham string. I have been well with the first hip. I have had problems with hip flexor tendonitis. Still trying to resolve that, but needed to get this other hip on its way.
Cheers
Lynn
 
:wave:Nice to get update!

I also had the prickles...zings, stings, zaps...whatever they are.
Mine got less frequent after four or five months...but an errant one would come out of nowhere up until a year or so.
Thank goodness they were fleeting....
Hope you have a great week.:SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom