Recent content by tabbykit

  1. T

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Hi, interesting to read your update, but also puzzled about meniscus being found!
  2. T

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    Good for you! Not long to wait now, and hope you will find some answers.
  3. T

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    You're welcome, @bland9 , please do push the hospital via the PALS, put it in writing and be pushy! They should investigate at least and give your more information or look at referring you to another hospital. My local NHS hospital does not do revisions (which it sounds like you may need), so...
  4. T

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    @bland9, also meant to add, please contact PALS through your local hospital. It is the patient advice and liason service. Explain your problem, which is due to surgery at that hospital, and ask them what they can advise re further surgery etc, also about not being able to get physio. It's worth...
  5. T

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    @bland I am also in the UK. I suggest you look up Benenden Health Insurance, and see if you are eligible. It is not like the usual ones, I don't think you have to declare any existing conditions, and it's very affordable. I used to have it, I think it cost £6 a month then, and would still have...
  6. T

    Revision TKR Tabbykit's recovery from TKR revision

    5 month update. Still not great but I think very slowly improving. ROM now 85/0, still using sticks or crutches mostly. Knee still painful on bending, and physio thinks it is probably due to scar tissue. Will see surgeon again in December but in September he said he couldn't see doing any...
  7. T

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Glad to hear you are doing well and hope you'll have a smooth recovery with good ROM.
  8. T

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    Good news! Hope you will get your appointment soon!
  9. T

    Revision TKR 1-l/2 Years Post Op Revised TKR Left Knee

    I too was at 55 in week 4 following my revision this June. As my leg was at 60 bend/30 extension for the previous 4 years after the original implant, I know it will take longer to stretch everything out than for some people. It is now 4 months and I am 75/0, which I am happy with as it is...
  10. T

    Revision TKR Hmm. Not thrilled with the revision yet

    I have been following your thread and wanted to say I wish you all the best in your upcoming surgery, and that you will have a smooth recovery.
  11. T

    TKR slow recovery

    I am also still on crutches at 14 weeks post revision, we can't all ditch them at 6 weeks, but glad to hear you are getting help.
  12. T

    Revision TKR Tabbykit's recovery from TKR revision

    I hope it will, it's really been taking the brunt of weight-bearing for a long time! I will need to have it done, but hope I can put it off for a while yet. The OS also said he did not see doing anything more to the revision knee, and that it could be I don't get great ROM given the state it was...
  13. T

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    Sorry to hear you are going through this and may need more surgery.
  14. T

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    Are you having physio? If so what do they say? Might be helpful to know. If you are not you should be able to self-refer to the NHS as we do here in Scotland.
  15. T

    Revision TKR Tabbykit's recovery from TKR revision

    Saw the OS yesterday, he thought my recovery was going 'as well as expected' considering my ROM was so poor prior to revision. He bent my knee and said it has a soft end feel, which is good, and guessed correctly that my right knee is giving me a lot of trouble (it also needs a TKR). I'll see...
Back
Top Bottom