Recent content by swimmer77

  1. S

    THR Lynne54's Recovery Thread

    Glad you are on a better road to recovery after a tough start. Stay positive.
  2. S

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Walking definitely does wonders! Hope you are doing well!
  3. S

    THR swimmer77's Recovery #2

    My hip surgery after 12 hours is a success and I am so thankful it's over. Recovery however, has not gone as planned. I am the caregiver for my 90 year old Dad who has Alzheimer's. He has been pretty self sufficient and just needed queuing to accomplish tasks. That all changed last Thursday...
  4. S

    THR swimmer77's Pre op thread

    March 15 Left THR This forum was very helpful the first time around with the right hip. Note to self: do not overdo it after surgery. I can't wait to get this done. Lived with a bum right hip for years. The left kinda snuck up on me and I'm not waiting around this time. Good luck to...
  5. S

    THR Dog walking

    HaHa. I'm planning on a total hip replacement in January or February. Since I now have a dog I have been thinking about this too. Last hip replacement was in August of 2018 with no dog. This time it will be winter with a dog. LOL So my conundrums are walking the dog, picking up poop and...
  6. S

    THR When can I walk

    I have read a lot of very good things on this forum but to me this is the best piece of advice: "BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all...
  7. S

    THR Overcoming a limp

    I think you will lose the limp over time. I'm eight months out and I still get comments about a limp. Frankly, I don't care because my pain level is a big zero and that is most important to me. To think where I was last year at this time. Walking, time, and knowing when to give yourself a break...
  8. S

    THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

    Add me to the long list of well wishers. No doubt this would be a huge bummer but at least it is something that can be overcome with the right care. Good luck with everything. There is always comfort in having a solution.
  9. S

    THR swimmer77 Recovery

    Thank You! I am doing great. And I truly hope everyone's recoveries are moving along as expected and desired. My Dad lives in Florida during the winter and I go visit him about twice a year. Have been doing that for many years including the years when my Mom was still here. She passed away six...
  10. S

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    @Elf1 Catching up on your thread and progress. Glad to see a variety of "things" are going your way now. Entertaining is difficult enough when you are healthy but after major surgery that is a workout in itself. Forget about Zumba. :walking: Oktoberfest? Well, I have had my fair share of beer...
  11. S

    THR swimmer77 Recovery

    Oh no..............I didn't go full Zumba workout. Only did 15 minutes worth and I could hear/feel my knee sayin' "um, we are soon done, right?" LOL Just wanted to try some stuff and start to work back towards what I was doing before which was about 30 minutes with a bum hip. And...
  12. S

    THR swimmer77 Recovery

    @Layla .................Haha.........thought about that yesterday - two months - time just flies. Thank You! I have been doing well. A big thanks to this forum and its sharing of information and experiences. During my post op I have gone back and reviewed (still do) materials and many times it...
  13. S

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Take it easy. I used CRUTCHES up until about 2 weeks ago. Pride gets in the way but then you have to realize what is going to make you heal quicker so I ate a lot of pride. I would walk a long driveway with crutches. Then each day I started going as far as I could without crutches. I probably...
  14. S

    THR Hip Replacement-9 weeks still limping

    @Teresawebb I'm late to the party but glad you are on the upswing. And so glad you found Aqua Therapy. So much good advice in this thread I really can't add much. I am two months out today and still limp a little. But what is encouraging is that people have commented on my lack of limp now...
  15. S

    THR Struggle has been real!!!

    What a journey you have had. Hoping your issues get resolved so you can enjoy life again with your new hips.
Back
Top Bottom