Guest viewing is limited

THR swimmer77 Recovery

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well. We'd love to read an update if you're up to sharing your progress. Will look forward to hearing from you.
Hope it's soon. :)
@swimmer77
 
Thank You! I am doing great. And I truly hope everyone's recoveries are moving along as expected and desired.

My Dad lives in Florida during the winter and I go visit him about twice a year. Have been doing that for many years including the years when my Mom was still here. She passed away six years ago.

One of my favorite things is to go shelling. I can leave the world behind and look for my own treasures. The last five or so years I could not do that. Not even walk somewhat comfortably let alone bend over and pick something up. This year my friend and I drove my Dad to Florida. I could walk to the beach (about a mile one way) and pick up shells. I was so happy. And I could walk another mile home. Had to take some breaks but it was just nice to be able to do that without wondering whether or not something was going to give way. On Thanksgiving Day I will have a lot to be thankful for.

My next activity to get back into is pickle ball. Had started to play just as my hip started to really go south. Right now just working muscles and soft tissue with some light Zumba.

The most important thing I learned here is that if you go slower you will get to your final destination quicker. Or something like that. I was pretty active in the beginning but slowed down after reading various things here. My knee pain is less and less all of the time. So while I push it to do more each week, as soon as it starts to hurt I stop whatever it is I am doing.

I am going back to Florida for Thanksgiving and can't wait to go shelling again. It will bring back fond memories of Mom as it is something we both loved to do together. I know she'll help me find something special.

My other hip will have to be replaced at some point and one thing I know for sure - I will not wait near as long. So anyone on the fence or hesitating to make the decision, the sooner the better especially if you are giving up activities that you love. You can get them back. You just need to do it.

Wow..........another longwinded update. Hope everyone is doing well!
 
It's a wonderful update and will be so inspirational for many others worried about having a THR.. so very happy for you!! Enjoy Florida over the holidays!
 
On Thanksgiving Day I will have a lot to be thankful for.

I love a grateful heart! It's refreshing to read your comment.
You're doing so well. I'm happy for you. I'm sorry about the loss of your mom and I hope you have wonderful memories of her as you're in Florida shelling over the holiday. Safe travels to you...wishing you a lovely time with your dad and a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
:hi:
Great to see you doing well!:happydance:

Lots of improvement to come.
Lots to be thankful for!
Continued best wishes.
 
Hello @swimmer77
Happy Four Month Anniversary! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
I hope this finds you doing well, continuing to enjoy progress and feeling stronger month by month.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
and many blessings in the New Year!

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom