Guest viewing is limited

THR Elf1 Recovery Road

Hi there friend!
I hope you had a wonderful time with those sweet boys today.
well developed and well nourished female
Honestly, I don’t believe it means what you’re thinking. :heehee:
My understanding is that it means you’re healthy in weight and general appearance. Not obese, or malnourished looking.

I’ll bet concentrating on heel-toe walking coupled with One Step could really help you.
I hope your week is a good one!
 
@Elf1 Having read doctors notes for years I agree with Layla! "well developed and well nourished female" = doctor speak for "you're looking wonderful girl!"
 
@Elf1 Hello! :wave: I am stopping by to check in on what is hopefully some progress with your hip pain?
I'm wondering if the injections and PT have helped the "back of the leg pain" up at your hip.
Here's hoping you are feeling better..
 
@CricketHip thanks for checking on me. I think the injections might have helped some. The exercises didn't really seem to do all that much and walking has actually seemed much more helpful. Of course we all have our days and I still can tell you when a storm is possibly headed our way. :heehee:
 
Oh girlfriend, I know that achiness well! I have fractured so many bones in my body and they are like little meteorologists just waiting to ping me.
Glad the walking is helping, it's such a simple thing and does so many good things to and for us.

Glad the injections helped some, it's a start in the right direction. :chuckmarch:
 
I certainly hope the injections bring you long-lasting relief.
:walking:Walk, walk, walk, just like we always preach.:wink:
Have a wonderful week!
@Elf1
 
Ok, thought I'd post an update as today is my 3rd Anniversary of THR.

Ran around all day today, started off rescuing hubby who's bike died on him. Scooped him up, ran him to drop off some paperwork, back to our house to collect jumper cables and tools so he could get to his battery. Followed him back to the house to make sure no problems. Finally got to jump in the shower.

We took off in his Ram 3500 and ran tons of errands. Managed to climb in and out of the truck all day and at 5 ft 2 in, that's a climb!

I could not have done this 3 years ago without being in agonizing pain. I still have issues off and on with bursitis and tight muscles and bands but that's more due to my overall issues. Would I do this all over again? You betcha! And I wouldn't have made that decision and made it through surgery and recovery without my pals here at Bone Smart! :egypdance:. Special thanks to my fellow staff here, you all walked me through this, the good times and bad. :loveshwr:
 
So good to hear from you! We’re around the same timeframe. I’m right between my first and second hip replacements, two and a half months apart.

I couldn't feel better. My hips feel like they did when I was young, before all the pain. I honestly don’t think about them any more.

I know for a fact that I’m at this place because of all the support and guidance I got from Bonesmart and the incredible people who gave me such sage advice.

10,000 step days are a non issue. And I’m now 74. Is my lower back an issue? Sure. But hips are solid.
 
:wave:@Elf1
Three years already?!!!

Happy 3 year hipaversary!

:happydance::egypdance::happydance:

I really feel you on the truck climbing.
I am an inch taller than you but I do so much loading and unloading in my truck for the food bank, and it is indeed a climb!
I don't jump off mine anymore... I just sit down on the tailgate and slip off.
The Xrays of those titanium stems run down my femers make me think twice about hard jolts!
Hope you have a great weekend!
 
Hi @Elf1 Nice to hear about your activities like rescuing hubby who's bike broke down and climbing into the truck. Yes, climbing is so much easier without hip pain. I climb up and down ladders when I do jobs in the house and gardening.
 
Elf,
Wow, 3 year anniversary! that's awesome, I'm hoping to be able to post such success at some point myself.
The stories here have got me through this 4 1/2 months, thank goodness for this forum.
I had little to no guidance and really had to be my own advocate due to the circumstances surrounding the surgery in first place.
I want to wake up one morning and not think about this hip. I think part of me is just scared to do something stupid and set myself back but I am doing so much more and with greater ease.
Thanks for this uplifting post!
 
Hello Elf and other familiar faces! Happy Anniversary on your 3 year old hip! I remember that day when you finally had it done. My left hip just had its 3rd anniversary on April 29th. Righty is going on 8 in December! Wow. Time flies.

So nice to check back every once in a while to see old friends online and to hear how well you are doing :)
 
Oh no. This is temporary, I bet they will have you scheduled back very soon.
I am so sorry this happened. You could always use the time to get any loose ends finalized. For example I have a dog upstairs with me and I trimmed her nails right before surgery but she is old and I didn't want to stress her so didnt get the one rear foot..now she is clicking SO wish I would have done that BEFORE surgery. Use this time to get anything done you may have forgotten.
Hang in there
 
Such an uplifting post! @Elf1
THR is life changing and the activity of the day you described above is proof.
It’s so easy to get caught up in our daily lives, taking for granted things like accessing our vehicle, considering our every move and whether we’ll be able to physically handle what we need to accomplish. I never tire of reading updates from a grateful heart.
Happy Three Year Anniversary!

So nice to hear from CZ and Bfam85 also. Two wonderful ladies that were a joy to correspond with via the forum.
 
Wow how time flies! Didn't even realize until I saw a post from the past on FB that yesterday was my 7 year hipaversary! :egypdance: I'm wandering around like nothing ever happened, can't really tell the difference between my natural hip and my replacement hip. I'm running around and playing in the pool with my 6 year old twin grandsons and having a ball! Only thing slowing me down at this point is lefty is kicking up a storm. Doing PT right now so that my strength will be better when I do get my left hip replaced.

For those out there just beginning this journey or still undecided, just know that it is worth it and it does get better! So much better!!! And Bone Smart is a great place to be, these folks are super helpful and held my cyber hand the whole way and through my right knee replacement. I'm just not around much anymore because life has gotten super busy but if you have any particular questions just tag me and I'll get an email so I'll come answer you. :dancy::dogwalk::swim::upright:
 
my 6 year old twin grandsons
Huh?!!! How did that happen so fast? lol...seems like only a couple of years ago!

Glad you're doing so well. Happy Seven Year Anniversary!
I'm sorry your Left hip is failing. You know we'll be your biggest cheerleaders when the time comes. Enjoy the Summer and splashing around in the pool with the boys. Fun!
@Elf1
 
Back
Top Bottom