Recent content by SwimGirl

  1. S

    THR Tweetybrd's new hip!!

    @Tweetybrd Greetings! 2 weeks now. GOOD FOR YOU! Sounds like you are so happy with your results. Yay! Keep on the vitamins to stay healthy. We cannot always avoid the germs. Have thought of you often and wanted to say good luck on recovery! A day at a time! Hope the whole household gets well...
  2. S

    THR On the other side! Amen!

    @WVHipChick Congrats on your completed surgery! Yay! What an accomplishment! I may not have taken great notes but I do remember a "movement" on day 4! Now that makes you feel 100% better right there! The pain in your heel may have had something to do with how your walking gait may have...
  3. S

    THR RSC's recovery thread

    @Miss Muffet Hope you saw my note saying so sorry about the flu bug. Somehow my computer came out with Miss muffler. Darn spell check! I am getting around pretty well at the 10 week mark. Trying now to get more walking time in. The weather here is warm and toasty so I have no excuse. Now I...
  4. S

    THR Take a deep breath! Jump in!

    Thanks @gertie and @Tweetybrd I am taking a day at a time. The phone call was just a preliminary screening. I have been out of work a while so it may not come to fruition. If anyone knows of a fun job for a 60 year old who has been out of work for awhile let me know. I need insurance benefits...
  5. S

    THR RSC's recovery thread

    @Miss muffler and @ RSC So sorry you were hit with the flu bug. I think our immune systems are compromised while recovering from surgery. Even this far out. Wonder if it time to bump up the vitamins. Please push fluids and rest til all better. I read where gargling even with tap water keeps one...
  6. S

    THR Take a deep breath! Jump in!

    @gertie Thanks for checking in. Glad PT went well. Sounds like you are making great progress as well. Just a few visits! No I do not have a linked in page. A little old fashioned I am. Have Tele interview Monday. So...we will see. Keep up the good work and positive attitude!
  7. S

    THR Take a deep breath! Jump in!

    @Krista So proud of you for what you have accomplished. A day at a time! Now that surgery is over I am not so concerned regarding insurance. God is good. I was able to get surgery before it ended. Haven't been to work for a very long time as I was raising kids, homeschooling and then taking...
  8. S

    THR Take a deep breath! Jump in!

    @gertie and @Krista Hello and hope all is well. I am doing okay I think. I reported that I was out Christmas shopping and getting lots of walking in there. Working Salvation Army took some energy as I was lifting bags of toys and pushing carts out to cars for delivery. I managed just fine...
  9. S

    Tweetybrd's pre-op saga.

    @Tweetybrd I believe that getting your preop labs and EKG done make this very real. You have waited so very long it will be a welcome change from your preop pain. You just won't believe the difference! Just give yourself time to recover from surgery and move at your own pace! I am doing well...
  10. S

    Tweetybrd's pre-op saga.

    @Tweetybrd Hope all is going well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Wishing all January Jackpots Have successful surgeries this month!
  11. S

    Almost over the rainbow

    @froggymom Thinking of you and so glad surgery is finally here! You are in my thoughts and prayers. You will not believe the difference in your mobility after surgery. And you will be out of pain!!!!
  12. S

    THR Second THR only 8 weeks from first

    @Sunny girl Hello! Glad I can make you laugh with my tincture of time phrase. I am sorry you are having a difficult tim with your bad left hip! I was unable to walk even 10 minutes before I had my surgeries. Therefore I got serious about swimming for cardiovascular benefits. I was not letting...
  13. S

    THR Second THR only 8 weeks from first

    @Sunny girl I meant that you could take swim lessons to learn the Australian Crawl not the frog kick!
  14. S

    THR Second THR only 8 weeks from first

    @Sunny girl Hello and Happy New Year! I haven't posted in my thread for quite some time. Things are staying pretty much the same. I have done plenty of walking during Christmas while shopping. My son and I did our two days at Salvation Army at the toy distribution so I was lifting bags of toys...
  15. S

    THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

    @ouch That is so not right that you were told by receptionist to expect pain. You do need an advocate when you cannot do it on your own for whatever reason. Let this be useful information for anyone who is planning hip or knee replacement! Pain is the reason people avoid any type of surgery...
Back
Top Bottom