Recent content by SuzyQ58

  1. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    @Jockette Thank you so much for your quick reply. I’ll do just that.
  2. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    So I haven’t been on for a while because I was doing so good. My husband and I are down in Florida now. I wanted to clean our house before our kids came down. I had to kneel on our bed to dust the top of our bed. When I got off the bed and started to walk my right knee is in severe pain! Not...
  3. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    @Irish471 Thank you so much for suggesting the exercise ball. I’ll have to try that! We actually have one at home. I’m assuming my implants are the same. The same surgeon did both my surgeries. My swelling has gone done considerably so that’s good. I’m going to a wedding today and wearing heels...
  4. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    @Jockette, I agree! One year ago I would be in agony walking in sand. Steps as well. I’ll just keep walking and doing very low impact exercises and hopefully the stiffness will get better everyday :)
  5. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    Thanks Jockette, is there anything I should be doing to get it to bend more when I’m on the bike ? When I walk it’s good just feels really stiff while I’m riding. Is that pretty common?
  6. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    I just spent a couple weeks in Florida again. I had no issues walking in the sand this time but when I tried to ride my bike my knee didn’t want to cooperate. My right knee that I had replaced a year ago feels amazing when I bike but my left knee is so stiff , especially while riding my bike...
  7. SuzyQ58

    TKR Donna' s Recovery

    @donnag1108 I’m so glad you are feeling so much better!!! Great news!! We are just a couple days apart. I’m still having some minimal pain and stiffness. Not sure why? I’m really not overdoing it. My right TKR was so much easier. The left not so much. I did walk on rye beach a couple weeks ago...
  8. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    I started back on my Celebrex a few days ago. It feels better when I’m on it. Swelling is still there though. Yesterday I walked in a heated pool. It felt amazing! Hopefully my knee will settle down soon :)
  9. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    @Lindylee thanks. I agree it doesn’t hurt walking in the sand but I have swelled up this week. I started back on my Celebrex yesterday so we shall see what happens. If swelling continues I’ll contact my surgeon when I get back home from Florida :)
  10. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    I think that’s just what I need to do. I’m going to try and rest it more today and elevate. Also the masseuse suggested taking a bath with epsom salt She said that takes away some of the swelling as well.
  11. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    My husband and I are down in Florida now. It’s the first time I’ve walked in the sand since my surgery. My knee doesn’t hurt but the swelling has now moved to my ankle and foot. Not severe swelling but enough that it’s noticeable. Today I went for a massage. My masseuse was a physical...
  12. SuzyQ58

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    I am so intrigued about this Turmeric as well. I went off my Celebrex about a week ago and my swelling and pain is back. My husband and I are heading to Florida today so hopefully the combination of warmer weather and Turmeric will be a winner! I’ll keep you all posted !!
  13. SuzyQ58

    TKR Coming along<<

    @Elad1002 yes I still suffer from kneecap pain at times and I’m still slightly swollen. My surgeon didn’t seem to be overly concerned and said I could have swelling up to a year. I have been using the exercise bike lately and it seems to keep things not as tight which is good but I also have...
  14. SuzyQ58

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    Just curious everyone. I have increased my exercises this week quite a bit. I’m doing the stationary bike 45 min a day now at minimal speed. Is clicking normal in the knee? Anybody experience this? No pain just clicking or popping from my knee.
  15. SuzyQ58

    TKR Time for #2

    @ebungalow Oh wow you used to live in St. Louis? My husband and I live out in Chesterfield. I’ve been in St. Louis all my life. Where do you live now? Today my knee is feeling pretty good. I walked a lot today! I volunteer at a nursing home and walked the halls with some of the residents. I just...
Back
Top Bottom