Recent content by summerwind

  1. S

    Patella Clunk

    Am at the 10 months out from a TKR with a DePuy Attune system I still have an achy patella and a clunk when I walk. Orthopedic doc says it is normal and I will get used to the clunk....NOT! Question is how many TKR people experience this and will it resolve over time or should I be looking for...
  2. S

    TKR 3½ weeks post op

    Icep707 - I do have a high pain tolerance and should have said I modulate ½ Vicodin in the afternoon and night. I am also 70 years old and starting to feel your age now :)
  3. S

    TKR 3½ weeks post op

    Passed the 3½ week mark Off of Oxycodone and only take a ½ of Vicodin at night. ROM/Extension is good. Riding my exercise bike for 15min at a time and walking the dogs for a 20 minute walk. Still doing PT twice a week for another 2 weeks. Icing after a workout. PT people say I am ahead of most...
  4. S

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    I've been zippered! LTKR May 19, 2014
  5. S

    TKR May 19th LTKR

    Day four post-OP Only issue so far is my bladder doesn't fully empty so I have to go the bathroom every 45-60 minutes. The joint replacement center I went to doesn't catheterize and I only have to take aspirin for clot prevention. As I have BPH I assume bladder functions will improve in the...
  6. S

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Day four post-OP Only issue so far is my bladder doesn't fully empty so I have to go the bathroom ever 45-60 minutes. The joint replacement center I went to doesn't catheterize and I only have to take aspirin for clot prevention. As I have BPH I assume bladder functions will improve in the...
  7. S

    TKR Post op question regard a brace

    Ok ... New to the forum and one thread thing Age = 70 Surgery will be May 19th Purpose is to understand options during recovery and what questions to have answered before I am on the table. Tourniquet during surgery was one thing that was all over the map. Some surgeons outside the USA were...
  8. S

    TKR Post op question regard a brace

    Is TENS an option for post op pain management or is the multimodal drug treatment the only solution. It would be nice if you could get off the opiates quicker. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. S

    TKR Post op question regard a brace

    Thanks for confirming this. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  10. S

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    May 19th for me as we'll Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  11. S

    TKR Post op question regard a brace

    I had to wait 6 months to have the best of the best knee replacement surgeon do a TKR on my left knee. To help my long wait I was fitted with a Breg Road Runner off loading brace. My TKR is scheduled for May 19, 2014. The question is would this brace help with stability post op went out and...
  12. S

    Tillamook Cheese

    Yeap on the factory is a cool place comment. Was an expensive trip to Cannon Beach. The road sanding media ODOT uses along Hwy 30 between Longview and Astoria is the size of mini pea gravel!!! I am in the process of getting my windshield replaced in my new 08 Highlander. Typical Toyota "its...
  13. S

    Tillamook Cheese

    Renton "Ahead of the Curve"
  14. S

    Tillamook Cheese

    On the too funny side... We were at the Tillamook Cheese factory in Oregon last week Bought some cheese only to find it cheaper at Safeway when we returned home to Seattle...
Back
Top Bottom