Recent content by sub36

  1. S

    Recos for 41 year old petite active female

    Hi Sandiegomom I am 35 and I had my TRHR on March and I am doing fine. It was very tough and frustrated to even decide for hip replacement but I had no choice that I was almost like disable. I researched a lot and went to as many as 5 or 6 surgeons. Every surgeon had same kind of opinion so I...
  2. S

    THR Encouragement for a 34 year old male bilateral THR veteran

    Hi, I am 35 and just did TRHR anterior approach 3 and half weeks ago. So far good, haven't done much with excecise because the doc wanted to take it slowly and no weight bearing for 6 weeks. I started my PT from today , still walking on walker. Except that I was out of pain medication after 2...
  3. S

    RTHR on March 9th, seeking advice please.

    Hi guys, I am scheduled RTHR (anterior method, ceramic on ceramic mini hip)on March 9th. I am super excited but little nervous. Please advise me how to be prepared for surgery date? what to buy like walker or something else? what do I expect in the hospital, before the surgery or after the...
  4. S

    2015 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    Hi guys, I am scheduled RTHR on March 9th, super excited, little nervous. Please advise me how to be prepared for surgery date? what to buy like walker or something else? what do I expect in the hospital, before the surgery or after the surgery? I appreciate any piece of advise.
  5. S

    2015 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Hi Chill, I am scheduled for RTHR anterior approach on March too. How are you feeling now? Can you please tell me little more about you? Why you had to do RTHR? How is your recovery going on? Please share your experience.
  6. S

    Calling for young adults/patients who have done or going to do THR

    Thanks Bushstone and everyone for replying. It feels so good to talk who really understands the problem we are having everyday in our life. Thanks Texasvet for tagging many people who are similar to my case and giving me the link. Bushstone, I know you will do great. I feel that its way better...
  7. S

    Please suggest: Ceramic to Ceramic (Anterior Approach)

    MissMoo, Ralmass1001, Josphine and everyone thanks for comments and suggesstions. The surgeon said he does 600 THR in a year and doing clinical study on c-on -C implant for Stryker manufacturer. He has many articles about anterior approach also. Until you guys told me here, I knew nothing about...
  8. S

    Ceramic on Ceramic - Help !

    texasvet, thanks for the information. Actually you are right about the trial. The doctor wants me to put in trial for ceramic to ceramic by strykler. He said it is not yet approved by FDA but it is widely used in Europe and Australia. He advised me to get ceramic to ceramic becuause it is the...
  9. S

    Calling for young adults/patients who have done or going to do THR

    Cj19mann, Thanks for replying. I saw you are of my age and I really do care at this point because I am in process of getting scheduled too. I have been a much pain like many of you here and saw 3/4 surgeons in couple of months looking for the convincing and experienced surgeon. So you are...
  10. S

    Ceramic on Ceramic - Help !

    Hi Sandyharman, You are of my age. Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I have a question about ceramic to ceramic hip replacement . You might have done some research out there in UK because according to the surgeon I just saw, it is not approved by FDA in US yet but it is widely used in...
  11. S

    Please suggest: Ceramic to Ceramic (Anterior Approach)

    Hi everyone out here in the forum, I need a help/ suggestion on making a decision. I went to OS today who does the anterior approach mostly and he is the experienced one on this. He suggested me to go with the Ceramic to Ceramic prosthetic with the anterior approach. He told me that 8...
  12. S

    THR I made it to the other side. My recovery thread.

    Was86 I saw you are having pain and difficulty but think about the coming days and compare with the past days. You will definitely do better. I sometime feel the same way, what if it becomes worst than right now after the surgery but again I see the positive side ,compare with the current; man I...
  13. S

    THR Mission Accomplished in H-Town

    Hi PhatTxDiva, Really nice to hear that you are doing really great. I am sure you made the right decision. I wish you all the best in your life. I really liked your earlier post of why you should move on. Well, sometimes I feel like I am too young and scared with that kind of surgery and again...
  14. S

    THR Mission Accomplished in H-Town

    PhatTxDiva, Good luck with your recovery. Guess what, if you remember you gave me the name of the surgeon in Houston you are going with, I had an appointment with him and he looked to be so nice and hopeful. I am still going to see couple more surgeons in Houston and see what they say. I felt...
  15. S

    Ceramic on Ceramic - Help !

    Jaycey, Do you have that kind of link for USA surgeons?
Back
Top Bottom