Hi @Layla
Thanks for the good wishes.
I feel very much like I have peaked in recovery and not many changes over the last month plus.
Still have the numbness in areas close to the surgical site, and still the muscular issue which predated the surgery, when doing the leg lift ( hip to groin). I...
Have been off for a bit just checking in on you..I have hit a plateau and expect anything else in improvement is going to be smaller than the first 3 to 4 months as tissues heal..
Hope you are doing well mentally and physically, returning to life pain free as possible
Hi @CricketHip @Mojo333 @Layla @VSlowLife @Elf1 and @MEPil
Today is 16 weeks post op...
basically as CricketHip said no news is good news
Things really have not changed over the last several weeks.
There is a little more achiness some mornings. I need to add a knee bend to my chest during...
@CricketHip the muscle that is still a little wonky is the muscle that runs from your hip to the groin/inner thigh at an angle in the front. It was the worst before surgery, I could not lift the leg as probably stated earlier, without picking it up with my hands to get into bed. Its really so...
@Layla @Elf1 @MEPil @CricketHip @Mojo333
Greetings to all...
I have stayed off the forum a little to not crowd others in earlier stages of recovery.
14 weeks post op today..
I dont think a lot has changed in the last two weeks..in terms of life tomorrow my new band starts playing so a nice...
@Fit4Family When I look at your surgical list, my mouth dropped open. That is a lot in a short time, and I wish you all the best next week as I see your THR is 12/26...
So here we are at 11 weeks post op..as I mentioned elsewhere, life has basically returned.
Not ready for heavy lifting (50 pounds for example) shovelling snow or doing some ceiling spackling and sanding/painting yet at home, but getting there.
I am very cautious about going out if there is...
@MEPil have not been on here much lately, trying to make up for lost time and do things.
I am about 3+ weeks ahead of you and while I am not ready to shovel heavy snow or lift 50 pound items, life has basically returned at 11 weeks post op. You will be aware you have a new part for a while...
@HipLucy My pain & ROM issues came on sort of suddenly in late April after 2 very active weekends and climbing stairs carrying something heavy up. Then the first doc sent me to PT which caused the hip to basically totally fail..I was in a lot of pain and crippled since the beginning of June till...
@HipLucy , i was not putting in many hours before my hip became a problem, unlike you. My time was devoted to my music, scuba diving when able to travel and 24/7 staff member for our cat. Your evaluation of how to proceed should bear in mind the amount of time it takes to heal and get energy...
@MEPil yes the numbness in the fascia around the scar and that area hangs on.
Glad to see you have gotten out a little and the weather is a pain for me too...
I think anyone who goes through two surgeries in about a year as you have.... things can wear on you and cause more concern.. This...
Greetings to all, hope all of you hippies/hipsters, those in pre and post op are doing well...
8+ weeks...
One more PT session to go before I see the OS Wednesday.
At that time the discussion will be about things I have mentioned before
1) altered gait long term with other legs FHL tendon...
@Elf1 @CricketHip @Layla @Mojo333
Thanks to all for the information..
Yes we may be able to do things and pretend we are back to "normal" whatever that is, but at this stage of the game like many we are still early in the healing phase, though the scar is closed up and we are walking, driving...
@Mojo333 @CricketHip @Elf1 and all others who want to chime in.. one thing I forgot to ask....
There are times in the late afternoon, I am weary to the bone, heavy fatigue....is this something others have experienced trying to get back to normal schedules after all that we go through...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.