Recent content by sporti9

  1. sporti9

    TKR Getting better every day

    Good for you Earl. I'm post surgery 5 months and road my Bicycle yesterday with my son and it felt great. I haven't done any formal PT just have been staying active - walking, camping, gardening and now feel great. Thanks again to Bonesmart for getting me through those few tough months.
  2. sporti9

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Hi all, 4 and a half months out and getting stronger and more flexible every day. Checking in to ask folks who are about 4-6 months, if using an elliptical machine is practical? I still use a bike but miss the elliptical. For those of you who are in early recovery, BoneSmart is a great resource...
  3. sporti9

    TKR Getting better every day

    I had a blood clot after surgery and the clot pain combined with post op knee pain was terrible and it slowed down my healing. Now 3 months out knee is much better but my lack of patience has been more of the problem. Sharing here and getting great advise still helps me. Hang in there and follow...
  4. sporti9

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Thanks liam, your sharing is helpful and reassuring. Glad to hear your going down the stairs. I've been doing PT on the down step - daily (just going down a couple times a day, but going down is still difficult and painful unless the steps are very short. My old house has tall steps, not able to...
  5. sporti9

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Hi all, just checking in. I'm at 14 weeks not much improvement then 2 weeks ago. I walked a mile yesterday and my pain level has been high since, so I've been icing, elevating more. I know, I know I'm not supposed to compare knees, but this one is so much slower and painful than my right TKR...
  6. sporti9

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Hi all, so at 12 weeks post op my extension is still about 3-4. Just needing reassurance that I still have time for it to get to 0. I just started laying on my stomach with legs hanging off bed for stretching, it feels better than my leg on a chair to stretch. Any other ideas? I also have more...
  7. sporti9

    Shelly's Recovery

    VW I used the recumbent bike several days a week for weeks before able to rotate on my regular bike. Your knee is young yet, it will happen hang in there. I also did what Karri suggested and just rocked back and forth, stretching and then bam, one day I was able to rotate.
  8. sporti9

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    My son got a giggle watching me go down stairs the other day. He helps me have a sense of humor about all this. I wish we could all hang out for a day and make fun of ourselves. It's good to hear how folks are doing.
  9. sporti9

    Shelly's Recovery

    Sounds great Shelly, you're really making good progress. Congrats!
  10. sporti9

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Hi all, my knee is 12 weeks old tomorrow. My rom is about 100 and seems to be getting better slowly but surely. I'm able to rotate a bicycle if I bend my foot down a bit to give me more room, I try to do that every day. Still feels very weird and painful going down any stairs. I had a couple...
  11. sporti9

    TKR 60 degrees ROM at 2 weeks. No progress at all :-( <

    Great news! I love hearing how folks are progressing, it keeps me positive and motivated. Keep it up Bert.
  12. sporti9

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Hi all just checking in. At 10 weeks next Tuesday, I am stronger and feeling better overall. My ROM is better but still at 90-95 and my extension is 2-3 (not zero). I've been going to the gym using the recumbent bike and doing light weight upper body work. On the recumbent I can only rotate with...
  13. sporti9

    TKR Sciatic nerve (???) pain in the butt and outer thigh???

    I still have the butt pain too and cannot sit in a recliner at all. Now I lie down to elevate (which is better anyway) and I've been stretching which has helped. But mainly I sit up very straight or I lie down so it can heal. As soon as my knee is a bit better I'll start doing squats to...
  14. sporti9

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Well I'm at 2 months now, everything seems to be moving slowly forward but I've had more pain today. I'm guessing I've been doing too much. So my plan is to ice, elevate and rest - my current mantra. My struggle is that my last knee surgery was so much better than this one. At 2 months with...
  15. sporti9

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    I agree with Sister, they mentioned it to me first so I was able to decline, I could tell they were not happy with my response but they respected my wishes. Good luck Liam
Back
Top Bottom