Recent content by Spingirl

  1. Spingirl

    TKR LTKR October 17th Boston MA

    Hi David, I’m in the Boston area too. I had my RTKR on October 16th, 2012, and am about to celebrate my 10th anniversary! To answer your last question first, my new knee was and still is far and away so much better than the old one. I do not experience any major limitations in my life; this...
  2. Spingirl

    TKR Recovering & Getting Ready for #2

    Congratulations! So good to hear that you are doing well. I just had my 6th in October. All is going great for me too! This knee replacement changed my life.
  3. Spingirl

    TKR It's been a year!

    Just popping in to announce that tomorrow is the second anniversary of my RTKR. :) I can’t improve upon what I said a year ago. I have been so pleased with my results. I continue to bike and do spin classes a lot as my main base of exercise. Still doing stretches too, especially needing...
  4. Spingirl

    TKR Ready To Move On

    Dewey, sounds like you are doing great too! Best wishes as you approach having the other one done.
  5. Spingirl

    TKR Ready To Move On

    Hooray for you, Ready! I know just how you feel. It's been 17 months already since my RTKR. It gets better and better! I hope you have a great time skiing.
  6. Spingirl

    TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

    Congratulations, Vicki! So glad to hear that you are doing well. I know a little bit of what you mean about issues related to other body parts. For me, it's a tight right hip flexor. But my knee is fantastic! I too never think about my knee when I get out of bed, go down stairs, or any...
  7. Spingirl

    TKR It's been a year!

    I completely agree; It's like a miracle. You sound so happy! I'm glad that your ability to walk safely and confidently has been restored.
  8. Spingirl

    TKR It's been a year!

    Hi Scared, I replied to your private message, but I'll also reply here. My surgery was mid October and I ended PT at the end of February, which was four months roughly, like you. The 0 measurement was definitely with lots of pressing down as much as I could for extension. I'll let you know what...
  9. Spingirl

    TKR It's been a year!

    It’s been a year! I’m definitely late to starting a thread of my own. I learned about this forum a few weeks after I had my procedure, but never did start my own thread. I did, however, meet lots of wonderful folks on this forum and learned so much following their threads! Happy 1st...
  10. Spingirl

    TKR Brand New Day!

    Heidi! So good to read your post. I am your neighbor that lives in Maynard, if you recall our posts from a few months ago. I was telling a hip replacement acquaintance about bonesmart yesterday, and I thought of you, only because I was telling her that I connected with people locally through the...
  11. Spingirl

    TKR Leisa's 6 months post TKR update

    Hi Leisa, Hooray for your continued progress! It is so good to read about your experiences. I am really glad for you that you were able to regain your strength in your surgical leg and that things are back on course. So, I take it that the problem occurred because you were compensating for...
  12. Spingirl

    TKR Am I really going to do this? Randi's new recovery thread

    Hi Randi. I haven't been on bonesmart for a while myself. I'm so glad to read your post. Were you nervous about riding outdoors again? I haven't done so yet (I go to indoor spin classes three times a week, so I'm already riding pretty hard and my knee feels great). But I am hoping that by...
  13. Spingirl

    TKR Ready To Move On

    Ready, your weather is even worse than ours has been in New England. It seems like we have finally turned the winter weather corner. But we will be in school until June 27th, because of snow days, and also, two school days lost to Hurricane Sandy in late October (I was just home from surgery...
  14. Spingirl

    TKR Ready To Move On

    Ready, you are doing great!!! I had the same sleep issues that you are dealing with, i.e. waking up every few hours. There were so many things affecting my sleep: medication, the sweats, discomfort, and the fact that I was just not as active as I was used to being prior to surgery. It will...
Back
Top Bottom