Recent content by Sohowarrior

  1. S

    Revision THR Second times a charm?

    My revision was in April 2024. Recovery was easier in certain respects than my THR two years earlier, maybe because I knew what to expect. Spent one night in the hospital, off the walker almost immediately but used it at home for a few days and for bathroom trips at night. Used cane for a couple...
  2. S

    THR One year anniversary THR

    Thank you. Just got back blood work and all is well, no iron deficiency etc so just TE. Bathroom is filled with hair growth products but I know it could be so much worse!
  3. S

    THR One year anniversary THR

    Popping on again because I’m dealing with an issue which I certainly did not expect: specifically, telegan effluvium (hair loss), which my dermatologist says was likely triggered by my surgery in April. I started to notice it in June, and it got progressively worse but thankfully not horrible...
  4. S

    THR One year anniversary THR

    Thank you, I’m doing really well. Still have some hip flexor tightness and my right knee is getting cranky from time to time but I’ve and Tylenol continue to work wonders.
  5. S

    THR Wide Awake - Mailman Chases Dogs Away

    I’m astonished and also intrigued by this. You answered my first concern, which was having a back up plan with the anesthesiologist. I know this would not work for me at all. I also eschew Novocain at the dentist but this is not a filling! I guess my other concern would be watching if things go...
  6. S

    THR Reclaiming my Future after THR

    I normally sleep on my operated side but practiced on the other for a few weeks pre surgery. I’m not a restless sleeper but found sleeping on my back impossible. After a week or so, my PT showed me how to safely slip on my side, still with pillow between my knees, legs together and slightly...
  7. S

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    That’s a very good question. I had to take aspirin daily for 6 weeks and I didn’t use it because even at the lowest setting, it’s intense and I was afraid I would bruise even more by bringing blood up to the surface. My quad and outer upper leg was also swollen and tender to the touch but...
  8. S

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    I think it’s so important to be able to get back to the activities you love. Best of luck!
  9. S

    THR In recovery! (Long post)

    Congratulations on your recovery. I’m not a runner but I know there is a huge split of opinion among both THR patients and surgeons about resuming running after surgery. My surgeon, for example, who advocates for getting his patients back to their athletic activities when it’s safe to do so...
  10. S

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Hessian, hang in. I managed without oxy, never took after I left the hospital (stayed overnight), but I took some Senna and a few prunes and had success in about 36 hours. The swelling is nasty and the bruises will start to blossom soon but it will likely begin subsiding in around two weeks...
  11. S

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    I’m going to start Pilates again on Tuesday. Going to do some privates which are taught by PT staff with Pilates certification and the focus is specifically geared to THR patients in recovery. I so agree with you. I’ve been a practitioner for over 35 years and it has done so much for my body...
  12. S

    THR One year anniversary THR

    Just to clarify. I am thrilled to start recovery but I am chastened. I’m two years older and I hope a little wiser. I know I can get back to where I want to be from a fitness perspective but at age 69, it will take some patience, time and grit. I have friends battling far more serious illnesses...
  13. S

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    Just did a soft 20 minutes and it felt great. My shoes are old and very broken in so I went with them instead of the great recommendation on just easy kicks, but my able personal assistant got me on and clipped me in (he’s a keeper and fellow rider). I know I’m not totally healed and I’m going...
  14. S

    THR Hessian stops cycling to have some Stryker installed (RTHR)

    One of the great things about indoor cycling is the ability to control the variables with the turn of the resistance knob. I’m planning on 20 to 30 minutes of super light riding today, and certainly no standing in the saddle. My surgeon is an avid outdoor rider and believes indoor cycling is as...
  15. S

    THR One year anniversary THR

    I am released! Had a perfect x ray and six week follow up today, told to come back in two years. Given a few minor modifications like on inward rotation but otherwise anything I want. Nonetheless easing in slowly although I’m going to clip in and spin later today. Going to a few Pilates sessions...
Back
Top Bottom