Recent content by SmittyD

  1. SmittyD

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    My shiny, new right hip had it's five-month anniversary on April 13th. Everything is going great and, other than the scar and the occasional "electricity tingle" at the incision site, I feel normal. My most hated chore, prior to the surgery, was mowing my yard. Something about the riding...
  2. SmittyD

    THR Spring and summer here I come

    It's been four months for me, nanal, and I still find myself slightly limping sometimes. I figure it's just habit, because when I pay attention to my gait there is no limp. I'm glad your recovery is going so well. Keep it up!
  3. SmittyD

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    dede, The appointment went well, thank you!. Dr. Norcross estimated that my range of motion had increased by 15% since the December visit. X-rays looked fine and I'm scheduled back in three months for my 6-month checkup. :-) The incision site gets a little sore and tender, but is healing...
  4. SmittyD

    THR Spring and summer here I come

    Very cool, fellow hippie! Hang in there...chin up. It only gets better from here!
  5. SmittyD

    Well wishes and prayers

    Good luck tomorrow, Nanal! Everything will be OK and you're going to be SO happy you had the surgery!
  6. SmittyD

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    Hey, hippies! It's been one week now since I returned to work and things are going well. It was so nice staying home for seven weeks and getting paid! But, vacations and medical leaves have to end sometime and it is good to get back in a regular routine again. Everything looked great at my...
  7. SmittyD

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    Merry Christmas, fellow hippies. I love you all!
  8. SmittyD

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    I do have a follow-up with my surgeon on 12/26. The six week period or restrictions will end on Christmas day. What a great present for me! I'll post a tacky shirt pic as soon as we get them off Tina's camera. She got some real good ones!
  9. SmittyD

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    Hey hippies! It's only three days until Christmas! Who's ready? All my shopping is done, with the exception of a few more stocking stuffers. Tina and I are psyched up for the "End of the World" Christmas party our friends are having this evening. Our tacky turtleneck sweaters are ready...
  10. SmittyD

    THR Lmao

    I know you are glad to be home, byrd! And, isn't it great to be here on the other side? My right leg was 2 cm shorter than the left prior to the surgery and it is pretty awsome to have them even. Every day just keeps getting better!
  11. SmittyD

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    Come on, Damn! 59 and sunny is perfect walking weather, but I see you live in Florida and can understand. Today, however was 47 degrees so I skipped the outdoor walks. It was a good day, however. I visited my workplace during our Holiday meal. I'm definitely not being politically correct...
  12. SmittyD

    THR Badgerfans new hip

    It is good to be over here, badger! :) Every day gets better and better!
  13. SmittyD

    THR JJ Has A New Hip

    Isn't it a great feeling to have the scary surgery behind you? I'm glad things went well. Keep us posted...
  14. SmittyD

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    The weather here has been warmer than normal for December. Today, the high will be 59 with mixed clouds. Perfect for a little stroll! Speaking of oil changes, I'm at the local Meineke now for some service on my car. I plan to take care of as many things like this as possible before I return...
  15. SmittyD

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    No problem, sissy!!! We're all family here on bonesmart. :) I do not use a bike or any machinery. I live on a quiet, dead end road out in the country in North Carolina. I get out and walk as much as I can to the end of my road, which is about a quarter mile each way with a slight incline...
Back
Top Bottom