Recent content by Small1014

  1. Small1014

    THR How long after THR can you swim?

    Thanks, @Layla! So far the cortisone regimen and anti-inflammatories are having little effect. But I only have pain when I lift the leg up- like when putting on shoes. I’ve read that they sometimes have to go in and “release” the psoas tendon surgically to correct it, and hoping it doesn’t...
  2. Small1014

    THR How long after THR can you swim?

    Thank you @Layla ... the articles were very helpful! Fingers crossed that this heals without requiring surgery.
  3. Small1014

    THR How long after THR can you swim?

    Hello @Constanze! Thank you for the good wishes! Yes, I have enjoyed swimming as I recover! It feels so good to get the whole body moving, and a great way to exercise the hips. I have just been diagnosed with tendinitis in the hip, which causes a lot of pain in the hip flexor area when...
  4. Small1014

    THR How long after THR can you swim?

    Thanks, @Layla! Things are good at 2 months out, although I’m having some hip flexor soreness from the PT. I’m taking a full week off from that to let muscles rest and heal. Headed to Nashville for the weekend, and looking forward to a long weekend away!
  5. Small1014

    THR How long after THR can you swim?

    Thanks, Swimmer! I did wait until I hit 6 weeks before getting in a pool! I’ve swum a few times now, and it feels great! Glad I listened to all my BoneSmart friends and waited til it was safe!
  6. Small1014

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    Good luck next week, Joe! It sounds like you and your surgeon are in agreement that this is the best course of action. But it’s still scary to think about going under the knife again. Just keep your thoughts on the end goal of pain free camping trips with your Littles!
  7. Small1014

    THR How long after THR can you swim?

    No water walking yet- but I will try it!
  8. Small1014

    THR Thigh Pain after 11 weeks

    Hi @readytogo! Sorry to hear about your mid-thigh pain! Since the anterior approach incision is on top of the thigh, where there are some major nerves, that could explain it. But I can tell you each surgery is different and can have different timelines for healing. I’m 6 weeks post LTHR...
  9. Small1014

    THR How long after THR can you swim?

    Hi @Layla ! Yes- I swam yesterday for the first time, and it felt amazing! I'm officially at 6 weeks post op now, and things are progressing very well. I guess every surgery is different, but I feel right now like I did at 3 months post op or more on the first one. I still had some...
  10. Small1014

    THR How long after THR can you swim?

    I'm very jealous of your pool!! ONe more week of being limited to floatees, and then I'll be swimming away! :dancy:
  11. Small1014

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    I’m sure you already have it resolved now, but I ended up using a suppository to relieve the constipation. The twice daily stool softener didn’t do the trick! As far as your swollen calf, with pain- that would concern me. Pain in the calf and behind the knee could be an indication of a blood...
  12. Small1014

    THR How long after THR can you swim?

    Hi @Layla! I flew to Fla last week to visit my sister, and it rained the whole time! (A great remedy for my craving to swim!). I did do some floating at a friend’s pool, with incision all bandaged up and wrapped with press n seal. Laid on a high floatee that kept water out. Glad it worked...
  13. Small1014

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Hi @Debru4! I just had my second THR a month ago, and doing great so far. I feel that my recovery has moved quicker on #2, as I was completely off the walker at around 10 days, and immediately went to waking unassisted. I did 5 in-home PT sessions, and then moved to out-patient PT, which I’m...
  14. Small1014

    Revision THR Hip revision immediately after THR

    Hi MsB- sorry, had a little trouble with trying to respond directly to your last message! If I were you, I would find a second OS to discuss your situation (after requesting the notes from your surgeries.) You need a second opinion to help you decide the next steps to resolve your situation...
Back
Top Bottom