Recent content by Sks1997

  1. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @Susie-Q I could never take Ibuprofen because it rips my stomach up so badly. My sister in law gave me some of these Ibuprofen with Pepcid and they seem to do ok. I really try not to take them much because Ibuprofen is not really a good drug to take. It can raise blood pressure and of...
  2. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @Susie-Q I long for the day when I am NOT thinking about my knees and able to do the things that I want and need to do without significant pain. I do try very hard not to dwell on it or allow the pain to stop me from doing things that I like to do. I take a lot of breaks and sometimes I...
  3. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @Jockette thanks! I feel like I was set back with the back/hip pain! Fun times getting old but better than the alternative! I just can’t believe it’s taking my quad muscles this long. Will be a year next month!
  4. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @sistersinhim Thank you so much! I always thought that I had a lot of compassion/empathy from all my yrs working as a Hospice/oncology nurse. It’s quite a different story when you yourself are dealing with serious pain. I actually was in a great deal of pain when I hired in as a Hospice nurse...
  5. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @Vida Yep, I’ve also concluded that I am in the “slow group” and that it could even take longer than a year. My family doc tried me on Celebrex (really was for my back/hips) but I really didn’t see much difference and if I don’t see a pretty good result from a med, I won’t stay on it and risk...
  6. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    My goodness the summer has gotten away from me! Haven’t been here since middle of May! Sara, been hearing of your horrific temperatures during the heat wave! Hoping you are safe! My healing process is still VERY slow. Still dealing with unhealed quad muscles which I am doing strengthening...
  7. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @hawk2go Thanks much! I have been discouraged at times over this recovery but I am trying to stay positive and do all I can to allow healing to take place and proceed! I have even doubled up my collagen dose and trying to eat enough protein daily! There are many things that can slow healing...
  8. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    Hello everyone! We have a gorgeous and very warm day today in Indiana! It’s like we go from Winter to Summer anymore. I am finally enjoying my new screened in porch! I am still healing and dealing with my quad muscles and my knee being pretty painful with stairs or any activity on my feet...
  9. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    Not much to report as far as improvement for my 8 Mon post op update! I manage to do most of the things that I want to do but have to pace myself. Darn quad is still weak and I continue to have spasms if I do too much. I would still say that walking is uncomfortable and ascending stairs is...
  10. Sks1997

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    @ski_bum Funny you said that about your surgery. I thought when I had my L PKR in 2016 that it was a long and painful recovery but this R TKR has been way more of a challenge in many ways. I do believe that I will have a complete healing and you will too in time.
  11. Sks1997

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    @ski_bum Man, my heart sure goes out to you! Can you take Ibuprofen? I normally can’t take it but my sister in law told me about a new combo drug that has Ibuprofen and Pepcid for your stomach and I can actually take it. You could alternate your Tylenol 3’s with the Ibuprofen. I watched...
  12. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @Susie-Q Oh Susie, I know I look like a big toddler getting off the floor. The 3 yr old laughs and I do too at the time. Do any of you cross your legs at the knee when you are sitting? I know you aren’t supposed to in first few weeks after surgery. I find myself doing it and wondering if...
  13. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @Jockette Awwwww, it is beautiful! I bet it has cream cheese icing too!
  14. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @Jockette Thanks for the cake! I couldn’t see it though! I will try later on my I pad!
  15. Sks1997

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    @Catalien45 thanks for sharing. There is a candy store in southern Indiana that has dark chocolate triple dipped malted milk balls. My husband and I both love them. Sure wish they were still 50 cents for a big bag! Hope all is well with everyone!
Back
Top Bottom