Recent content by Sharri

  1. Sharri

    THR Done and dusted

    Hi Nora!! It sounds like your night out did you a world of good. Also sounds like you're going to be enjoying yourself before heading back to work! Enjoy every moment but don't forget to schedule some down time too so your muscles don't take revenge on you! Also try not to worry about your...
  2. Sharri

    THR Toohip 'made it' RTHR recovery side

    Congrats & welcome to your new beginnings! Just remember you are only at the beginning! what your body needs most now is rest so all of its energies can go towards healing! Take care! Sharri -LTHR May 28th 2014 13 inch incision on side Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  3. Sharri

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    Hi @ NoraJ and @cthipster :) Also @fulafoto & @Poppet :) thanks for your comments! It has been a busy week for me which is why I've not been on line. At the beginning of the week I cleaned and closed up the cabin then did the 4 hour drive home. Tues. I was back @ the hospital doing a physio...
  4. Sharri

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    Yes feeling pretty good although I must confess I still went for a swim with my little girl today (couldn't help it, it was such a warm beautiful day!). I did however take it easy the rest of the day. Thanks for asking :) I know for sure what you are talking about with being a perfectionist...
  5. Sharri

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    @NoraJ that sounds like a heck of a lot to do in 3 days! I can't believe you walked two kilometres in one day!! Don't be so hard on yourself about not being 'normal'. It will come and try to think ahead to this time next year! Also it sounds like you (from what you've written) that you are...
  6. Sharri

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    @cthipster I see from your thread that you are a pro & on the recovery from hip number two! Thanks to you for the others like @Jaycey that have traveled this road before & are helping us newbies! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. Sharri

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    Hi @cthipster! Thanks for sending me the positive energy! I had a hip replacement due to severe arthritis caused by hip dysplasia that was a birth defect that had never been diagnosed (until I started being evaluated for a hip replacement). I had always had issues with my legs being slightly...
  8. Sharri

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    @NoraJ I hear you it is such a personal challenge not to get down on yourself. @Jaycey thank you for the words of encouragement and @Dkp you are welcome - it helps to know we are not alone!!! I too try and remember to be grateful for the fact that I have gone through a major surgery without...
  9. Sharri

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    Hi @NoraJ!!! Thanks for the reply! I'm glad you're coming along and I totally understand your frustrations with what seems to be the slow progress. It is a challenge to stay positive but I keep trying to turn myself around when the negativity tries to set in (which it does try to on a...
  10. Sharri

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    Hello all! First I must apologise, I have been very bad and have not posted on this site for many weeks. I found that I was becoming discouraged reading the recovery posts from most (but not all) of my fellow hippies that seemed to be doing so much better than me and so much quicker. Although...
  11. Sharri

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    Hi folks! I think my question that I posted yesterday got lost. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced some intense knee pain during recovery? I was also wondering if there was a drug equivalent to tylenol 3s without the side effect of constipation that I could ask the doc. for...
  12. Sharri

    THR Tee (AKA Frieds) Flipping to "the other side"

    Great update @ Frieds!Sounds like you're doing really well! As far as your scar there are products on the market to assist in healing scars. not sure if they are available where you are though. one of them is called bio oil but i know there are others as well that if they carry them, you can...
  13. Sharri

    THR Released- from the "Joint"

    Thanks for the update @glmarphy! As someone at the beginning of my recovery it's really nice when we get a window into the future of where I might be in a few months. Congrats on the new job as well - I'm sure it will be a new lease on life not being stressed by work with all of those hours...
  14. Sharri

    THR PA Gal is Totally Flipping!

    Congrats @PA Gal. I will be saying positive prayers for you - see you on the other side! Sharri -LTHR May 28th 2014 13 inch incision on side Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  15. Sharri

    Panic stations

    Hi @ fulafoto! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that your date will be really soon so you can back to doing what you love and enjoying those you love without the pain! Yes It is wonderful to have a passion to share with your spouse. we use to go on great hikes and adventures together...
Back
Top Bottom