Recent content by sez22

  1. sez22

    TKR Sarah's right knee

    Hi @Josephine sorry I haven't replied, been a bit busy. It's a different pain, not numbness. It's almost like sciatica but in the size of my knee. I had it a bit before the surgery, too. Could it be from my hamstring?
  2. sez22

    TKR Sarah's right knee

    Hi @Josephine the pain is d:rf1 and d:rb1
  3. sez22

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    I work at Random House publishing in logistics. It's pretty full on but I like it. I Co ordinate all the air and sea freight shipments coming in from the UK.
  4. sez22

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hi @Ellejay I know what you mean! I don't know anyone who has had a tkr and certainly no one my age. .I am doing pretty well just frustrated that I can't do more. I shouldn't complain as I am working full time again. There are a couple of things that irritate me, like getting out of the car...
  5. sez22

    TKR Sarah's right knee

    Hi @Josephine can u ask you a question please? I am still limping and walking slowly. I have a horrible pinched nerve type pain on the outer side of my knee, it come and goes but is pretty uncomfortable. I can finally straighten almost completely and can bend to 110-115. Is this all good or am...
  6. sez22

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hi @Ellejay that's a gorgeous photo! I hope you had a lovely time out and there were lots of laughs! !
  7. sez22

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    Hi @Ellejay I have been going to to the local pool, and is not too bad. It's indoor and is heated but still cool. Have a look at ymca's they have some hydrotherapy pools and are a bit cheaper.
  8. sez22

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    @Chihuahuan & @Nana moon 27 definitely try the pool! I am sore today but I think it's cause I used muscles that I haven't been using!
  9. sez22

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    I just read back about the loneliness and friends, none of my friends understand how hard this is. They just think that I've had surgery and I should be ok by now. .11 weeks after having my bones cut off and metal inserted into them. .I dont think so! Because of my age, also, people just don't...
  10. sez22

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    That's good. . Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. Went for a"swim" tonight. . As in a walk in the pool and lots of bending and just moving it. B it is sore now but it felt sooooo good when I got out of the pool. My surgeon told me to walk backwards in the water as it helps stretch...
  11. sez22

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    Hi, the pain is bad and don't feel like you're not coping! As for sleeping in hospital, all them for a pillow to put beside you you then you can sleep on your side, I also found having the foot of the bed elevated helped me. Persevere and it will get better, I don't remember a lot of hospital...
  12. sez22

    TKR Sarah's right knee

    Hi @ Yorkshiregal54 your knee looks totally amazing too! 3 weeks post op, wow. Keep doing physio it definitely helps. I seriously spent the first 6 weeks sitting on my butt doing hardly anything and even now I do things then rest, is all about pacing yourself and listening to your knee! I...
  13. sez22

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    10.5 weeks post op. 9/12/13 op date
  14. sez22

    TKR Sarah's right knee

    Thanks everyone. To answer your questions, my pain most of the time is a 2-3. I take panadol osteo every 6 hours during the day and normally something stronger at night.ie.analgesic/calmative 500mg paracetemol, 10mg codeine phosphate,5.1mg doxylamine succinate in each tablet x 2. I only ice my...
Back
Top Bottom