Recent content by Serenity12

  1. Serenity12

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Right TSR April 24, 2024

    I am SO SORRY!!! I really hope recovery is going well for you.:holysheep:
  2. Serenity12

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Total reverse shoulder 6/11

    I’m thinking about you and praying. I’m so very sorry about your experience!! I’m 66 and facing a reverse shoulder replacement soon. I hope you’ll update us soon. I’m asking God (the Trinity) to do a mighty healing for you.
  3. Serenity12

    THR 1 year after THR having thigh pain.

    Hi @KittensMom! I jumped back on this site bc I’m facing other joint replacements. Your post stood out to me as I’d dealt with the thigh pain you described. Mine began 5 months after THR and it was BAD! Turns out it might’ve been due to the spike settling in my femur bone. I had nerve testing...
  4. Serenity12

    THR 6 month healing<

    Hi Debdi45, Have you gotten any answers regarding your pain? I'm at 5 mos and experiencing much of the same. :umm:
  5. Serenity12

    THR Pain in upper thigh @ 5 mos. post op<

    Yes, I'm very aware of that fact. I take it to keep inflammation down, which could be one of the contributing factors to the issue going on. I'll consider upping the Tylenol. I'm going to lay off the exercises you bolded for a time. Since I wrote last, pain increased to the point I could not...
  6. Serenity12

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    @Krista, I'm 5 months post op and have been experiencing intermittent pain as you've described for the past two months. Your posts and Josephine's have given me good information; I'll be going back to my surgeon soon with these questions. My X-ray last month looked good, but this has gotten a...
  7. Serenity12

    THR Pain in upper thigh @ 5 mos. post op<

    Thank you for your help and time, @Josephine. 1. My pain levels: When I first got out of bed this morning it was a 4. Other mornings it ranges from 1-3. It's an aching pain, and only hurts when I'm walking, not laying down. It feels like a deep ache. After I get going, walking more, the pain...
  8. Serenity12

    THR Pain in upper thigh @ 5 mos. post op<

    Thank you, @Cynthia777! What a thoughtful note! Hope you're doing well with your new hip.:SUNsmile:
  9. Serenity12

    THR Pain in upper thigh @ 5 mos. post op<

    Hello all and @Josephine, For about the past two months I've been having pain (about a 2 on pain scale) in upper front thigh, but not groin. I'm 5 months post op and didn't have this pain for the first 3 months. I feel the pain when I stand and walk after sitting or laying down. The more I walk...
  10. Serenity12

    Did you have the posterior lateral approach?

    I'd love to hear how you're progressing with this method or approach. How was the first week post op? How long with walker or cane? How long before you could get in and out of a deep bathtub on your own? How long do you have to follow the 90 degree rule? Any tips are welcomed and appreciated!
  11. Serenity12

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    @Kim22 Thanks for your kind words! I'm going to be praying for you and @Mimi#51 through this journey, which will in turn help me to get my mind off me! My surgeon is doing a posterior-lateral approach. We spoke at length about it, and I trust him completely! He also replaced both of my knees...
  12. Serenity12

    Rehab Facility Post Op?

    THANK YOU all!!! Your comments have really helped. I had TBKRs a year and 10 months ago. It scares me to think about being on my own after the THR! Decided to go back to the same rehab I was at for knees. Kills me to think about going through such major recovery again so soon! I need to get my...
  13. Serenity12

    Rehab Facility Post Op?

    @Cynthia777 Thank you....I agree, better safe than sorry!
  14. Serenity12

    Rehab Facility Post Op?

    Hello Hippies! I jumped over to recovery group to get help with advice on my question. I'm scheduled for anterior THR on Sept. 28. My doctor believes I'll just need one night in the hospital. I'm single again without anyone available to stay with me after surgery. Do you think it would be a good...
  15. Serenity12

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Hello everyone! I'm having TRH replacement on Sept. 28. Wondering if a rehab place is a good idea after since I'm on my own...maybe a week?
Back
Top Bottom